Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope Now or Wait

Posted By: FeedingFish

Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 04:21 AM

I've heard rumors of Garmin, Lowrance, and Hummingbird all have new tech out early next year. Should I drop the cash on a 1022 now, or wait to see what's coming. I'm skeptical that something groundbreaking is coming, but I'd hate to devalue a new purchase quickly. I plan to pair livescope with a 9ti.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 04:53 AM

Livescope with a 9ti??? You have something mixed up there.

They aren’t rumors, they have been leaked everywhere’s. I went with the savings and I know the livescope now is proven to work; but I don’t care if I have the latest & greatest.

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 04:57 AM

Honestly, had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have gotten the 9ti. I already got it, it is what it is.

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by FeedingFish
Honestly, had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have gotten the 9ti. I already got it, it is what it is.

Oh I understand now, your going to run a Ti and a livescope next to it. Either you take the savings offered now or you pay full price later, if you have lots of money, then that option is fine. If saving money is important, hard to pass up the current deals.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 05:03 AM

roflmao Im right there with ya FeedingFish!!!
So I'm in the market for new rig (wanting a Triton) so my situation might be a bit different.
I have seen the fliers from HBird and Lowrance touting MegaLive and whatever the lowrance tech is called.
Release dates are March 2021 for both i think.

My though was that I would want a "livescope type" solution along with everything else (mapping, sidescan, downscan,etc.) all from the same manufacturer.
Also needs to be integrated to trolling motor for spot lock, etc.

Since my winter time fishing is somewhat limited / reduced, Im going to wait and get an up to date, all in one system in March / April.
If a great boat deal comes up sooner, not sure how I will handle that.

Your question might be "how much do you think you would use it between now and March?" (what's your immediate need?)

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 11/29/20 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Littledog
roflmao Im right there with ya FeedingFish!!!
So I'm in the market for new rig (wanting a Triton) so my situation might be a bit different.
I have seen the fliers from HBird and Lowrance touting MegaLive and whatever the lowrance tech is called.
Release dates are March 2021 for both i think.

My though was that I would want a "livescope type" solution along with everything else (mapping, sidescan, downscan,etc.) all from the same manufacturer.
Also needs to be integrated to trolling motor for spot lock, etc.

Since my winter time fishing is somewhat limited / reduced, Im going to wait and get an up to date, all in one system in March / April.
If a great boat deal comes up sooner, not sure how I will handle that.

Your question might be "how much do you think you would use it between now and March?" (what's your immediate need?)

Great points. I take the boat out all the time (weekends) being 5 mins from the lake. Currently, creek fishing for crappie and white bass or hybrids for the summer. I have the option to tie into my motorguide Xi5, but many who could, don't around here. Heck, I don't even use the foot pedal, just wear the remote and spot lock. I think I'll get some good use out of it for the next 3 months. Honestly, I don't think I can wait that long, unless I knew the tech was going to blow me away from what is currently available. Livescope looks pretty freakin awesome as is.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/14/20 03:37 AM

Glad I waited since I have HDS units. Just ordered Active Target.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/14/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by bassnman

Am I understanding this right. Active Target from Lowrance works with existing HDS units coupled to new transducer ??
Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/14/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by gborg

Am I understanding this right. Active Target from Lowrance works with existing HDS units coupled to new transducer ??

will work with new elite model FS, hds carbon and hds live
hds gen 3 an older won't work

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/15/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by gborg

With and HDS ( and the others, I think) you need the box and the transducer. $1499 TYD from Russell Marine Products. Can preorder now.

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/15/20 04:21 PM

Plus tax if you live in Kansas.
Posted By: BCOU

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/18/20 04:34 PM

I have a 12" Lowrance up front and a Garmin 9" with Livescope separate. For me personally I like the two units so I can look at mapping, sonar, DI and SI separately and have Panoptix on its own screen while referencing back to Lowrance unit. Regardless of who you go with I think this is a new wave of technology that's gonna improve with time. I'm a die hard Lowrance guy but super pleased with the Garmin for what I'm using it for. [Linked Image]
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/19/20 01:46 AM

Just saw something from Lowrance. Looks good. I’d wait.
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/19/20 03:26 AM

you will be mad if you dont wait
the active part starts around 50 min mark if you want to fast forward
https://www.lowrance.com/live/?utm_source=newsletter..

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 12/27/20 04:58 AM

I got the livescope 1042 paired with my 9ti. I don't regret a thing, only not buying it sooner. Crushing the crappie this fall/winter right now.
Posted By: daddyflea

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/13/21 05:21 PM

I have Livescope and I do regret not buying a bigger Screen Depth Finder but not the Livescope. Livescope has turned me into a fishing machine. I catch so many fish now, I actually throw a few back.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/13/21 08:07 PM

Wait till others come out with them and then all the prices will drop. Garmin has the market right now and thus can charge an arm and a leg for it. Wont be the case for long

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Wait till others come out with them and then all the prices will drop. Garmin has the market right now and thus can charge an arm and a leg for it. Wont be the case for long

I would be willing to wager on that one, if they are selling now, they will all sell at the current price. Competition in fishing has brought down the prices on absolutely NOTHING.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 05:44 PM

prices will drop??? thats funny
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 07:39 PM

You better buy it now if you want it because it will be obsolete next year.

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp

prices will drop??? thats funny

Watch and see and let me know how funny it is. It's called flooding the market LOL

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I would be willing to wager on that one, if they are selling now, they will all sell at the current price. Competition in fishing has brought down the prices on absolutely NOTHING.

Is side imaging the same price is was when it first came out? I will wait...
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/14/21 09:02 PM

I just got side scan LOL what do you think?

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/15/21 01:57 AM

Well yes it is, actually more expensive. New garmin gt 56 SI/DI/2D transducer is $500. A lss1 was about $250 new, they are more now. Not sure what side imaging you’re referring too, clarify the model.

Livescope is $1500. Active Target is $1500 and Mega Live is $1500. They all priced them the same, competition set the price.

Or are you referring to used units?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/15/21 11:29 PM

It’s MUCH less expensive now vs years ago. I bought Lowrance Carbon units with 3 in1 transducers for $599 each at Academy a year and a half ago. They were $1099 regular price.

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/16/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

It’s MUCH less expensive now vs years ago. I bought Lowrance Carbon units with 3 in1 transducers for $599 each at Academy a year and a half ago. They were $1099 regular price.

So we’re referring to graphs? They are all cheaper when being discontinued.
Posted By: BCOU

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/16/21 05:14 PM

The question I keep hearing is : when will the bank become the new offshore fishing ???
Posted By: Mo

Re: Livescope Now or Wait - 01/19/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by scottsoutdoorworld
you will be mad if you dont wait
the active part starts around 50 min mark if you want to fast forward
https://www.lowrance.com/live/?utm_source=newsletter..

impressive , they can see a target the size of a school bus , smile

Mo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum