Texas Fishing Forum

Harbor Master Marina Whitney

Posted By: marschall

Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/17/19 11:29 AM

Anybody else here on TFF have a slip @ Harbor Master ? Since the new owners took over 3 months ago we have not been able to contact them via phone or email . They sent out a letter with their phone and email to send payments in . They do however cash our check . Also the main road going to the marina is locked . Seems like now as the level of the lake has come down to 4 ft. we ought to be able to use the ramp .

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/17/19 01:54 PM

I just talked to the Corp. office in Whitney and they told them to keep the gate closed till the lake is open . How can one go to a slip they pay for and check on your boat ? Is this even legal ?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/17/19 09:35 PM

When did they close the lake?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/18/19 02:24 AM

Park at the gate and walk

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/18/19 10:04 AM

Just found out it is now open
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/19/19 12:00 PM

I launched there yesterday
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/19/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by marschall
I just talked to the Corp. office in Whitney and they told them to keep the gate closed till the lake is open . How can one go to a slip they pay for and check on your boat ? Is this even legal ?

Yes its legal for the corp to do they own that land, its just leased to the marina.

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/20/19 09:41 AM

Blackhorse how much is the fee to launch there now .

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/20/19 10:45 AM

I heard thru the grapevine that the Corp. Was cracking down on the marinas trying to over charge to use a boat ramp when the lake is flooded . I know that Uncle Gus and Juniper Cove is charging $10.00 just to use their ramp . I think they have a set price and it is wrong for them to do this .
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/20/19 10:48 PM

the same collection box is still there $3

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 06/21/19 10:27 AM

Talked to our new owner on the phone yesterday , seems like a really nice guy . Still going to miss Rust a lot though .
Posted By: bluesea112

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/17/19 03:59 AM

Did Rusty pass away, or did he just sell and move? I know he was battling cancer.

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/17/19 12:12 PM

No he is fine , he bought a place at White Bluff.

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/17/19 01:11 PM

Will never be the same without Rusty , but still better than the others .At least the new owner knows that fishing and boat slip owners who fish mean a lot . Unlike the one on the north side that is not fishing friendly LOL . And he still only charges $3.00 for the boat ramp VS. $10.00 .
Posted By: bluesea112

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/17/19 07:16 PM

Glad to hear Rusty is ok. I don't consider the $3.00 a payment for using the ramp, because it would be $3.00 to much for that ramp. It is a $3.00 fee for a place to test my truck's shocks and 4x4 shifter and differential. lol

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/19/19 11:47 AM

Rusty did tell me he was going to open up the gas pumps again as well as the store , we will see .
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/19/19 09:55 PM

The boat dock at the marina was hit hard in the last flood. There is only part of it left and when the guides are there it gets pretty crowded.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/19/19 10:16 PM

A few dollars spent on that old ramp would be a good improvement. That ramp is in bad shape.

Re: Harbor Master Marina Whitney - 08/21/19 12:01 PM

Yes but they all are and the flood did not help . Since we keep our pontoon in our slip I hardly ever use it . There is a reason I use Harbor Master and our lake house is in Juniper Cove lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum