Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Naconiche?

Posted By: lcbl75771

Lake Naconiche? - 10/22/18 07:50 PM

Does Lake Naconiche only have the 1 boat ramp? Is there some other ramp such as the cabin rental place with their own ramp?
Thanks
Posted By: rangerpat

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/22/18 10:09 PM

Only one boat ramp, but it's centrally located. I paddle there a lot and can get anywhere I need fairly quickly
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/22/18 10:59 PM

Just fished it Friday and Sunday. Noticed salvania floating by on the surface but didn't see any. Went back Sunday and fished much further down southwest end of the lake and found out where it was all coming from. Anyone know how long they've had the barrier up?

Posted By: ring fry

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/22/18 11:40 PM

Can you cross the barrier like Athens?

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: rangerpat

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/23/18 12:11 AM

The barrier has been up a few months. I'm not sure about the legality of crossing it, but I wouldn't. It's there to keep boats from spreading the salvinia. It is much better than last year, and better since the spring even. I'm out on that lake regularly and like not having that stuff everywhere.
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/23/18 09:07 PM

I spoke to a few locals last time I was up there and yes you can legally cross them, but they very HIGHLY recommend not doing so. Like he said above, they are put in place for a reason, so try to respect that. They keep moving the barriers further north to contain it, so hopefully they can rid the lake of it one day.
It's a great lake that produces some big fish.
Posted By: StormVet

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 10/27/18 10:43 PM

If you cross it and the lake watcher, which is a retired game warden, will let you know real quick what the lake rule is pertaining to it. They don’t want it spread or they wouldn’t have it in place.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 11/05/18 10:17 PM

What a shame to have that stuff in such a beautiful lake...
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 11/06/18 02:07 AM

Is this barrier semi-straight, like a fence?
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 11/06/18 02:08 AM

The Sylvania hasn't hurt the fishing yet. They just sprayed it a couple weeks ago again. The barrier was put up last year towards the end of summer or early fall if my memory serves me correctly. There's only one boat ramp and there's a five dollar charge for use of the park, ramp, swimming area or fishing pier. Each additional person is an extra buck per vehicle. If you a renting a cabin and fishing from a kayak you can put in by the cabins with no charge.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 11/08/18 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Hello!!!!!!!
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Lake Naconiche? - 11/09/18 11:37 AM

Hello!!!!!!!

don't think I want to use your fence builder of that fence is "semi-straight.

to answer your question --- no. It is a floatable boom that usually looks a quarter moon since the wind will push the middle (unsecured) more than the sides (secured to the bank)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum