Texas Fishing Forum

Academy; 25% off combos, and good UL suggestions?

Posted By: KayakGreaser

Academy; 25% off combos, and good UL suggestions? - 05/17/18 07:59 AM

Buddy told me Academy has 25% off combo's right now but I don't know how long or anything. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

This spoiler is just random info if you don't care to read too much smile
Click to reveal..
Also, I will probably be grabbing an ultralight rod/reel for crappie/white bass fishing, which is all new to me. I am currently running a Lews Mach 1 baitcaster and spin spool, with a catfish combo as well, felt I needed something for lighter fishing/new exploration. Anyone have suggestions? I am hoping they have some good combos for it otherwise I'll probably have to just get a nice Shimano reel and find an ugly stick or something to slap it on to.

I have looked up best reels and rods but since I believe the sale is only on combo's I would appreciate any tips on that, thanks smile
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Academy; 25% off combos, and good UL suggestions? - 05/17/18 10:19 AM

Get the combo which the highest number of ball bearings on the reel...also, get the longest UL rod available in that combo...that will be the best one and should last the longest...hope this helps..
Posted By: KayakGreaser

Re: Academy; 25% off combos, and good UL suggestions? - 05/17/18 02:22 PM

SALE ENDED ON THE 15TH!
thanks for the input crapicat smile
Posted By: slim1

Re: Academy; 25% off combos, and good UL suggestions? - 05/18/18 11:43 AM

I was in Academy yesterday. They had a pistol I wanted on sale for $50 off. Got it with a 10% veterans discount. Saved almost $100. Sure glad I decided to go in there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum