Texas Fishing Forum

Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed

Posted By: deewayne2003

Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/16/18 02:38 PM

Me and a buddy have been kicking around the idea of going on a peacock bass fishing trip and thought some of you guys on here that have been could chime in with any advice you may have; especially if you have been several times and know a good guide/outfitter.

Any info on best time of year, tackle, flights and tips would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/16/18 03:43 PM

Florida has peacock bass fishing..
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/16/18 05:42 PM

Anything that looks like a baitfish, all the same lures as baitfish-type baits for bass just smaller versions. Think bigger end sand bass and crappie baits: big jigs, 3 inch jerkbaits, 4 inch flukes, swimbaits, inline spinners, etc.

Eric
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/16/18 05:56 PM

Check out ronspeedadventures.com
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/17/18 05:14 PM

Can't go wrong with Ron Speed Jr.. Top of the line accommodations, food, transportation, and guides that grew up on the rivers..

I posted it before, but here is a link to a story I wrote about my trip there. Call me if you have any questions..

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/Brazil.htm
Posted By: 2strike

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/20/18 01:39 PM

went with Ron Speed and had a tremendous time. go with what the outfitter recommends in types of baits, Ron had rods, most of us took our own reels and at least one travel rod.
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/22/18 09:05 PM

Thanks for the info guys and nice write up NoWeighers ......... Definitely sounds like Ron Speed is the way to go!
Posted By: Skeet...Skeeter

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/31/18 10:29 AM

http://www.peacockadventures.com/

Scott Rose is down in the Miami area... I am heading down there in June for another 2 day peacock fishing trip with him... Best time of my life in Florida was dropping the wife off at Disney and heading out for a 4 hour trip... This time will be 2 days.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 03/31/18 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: NoWeighers
Can't go wrong with Ron Speed Jr.. Top of the line accommodations, food, transportation, and guides that grew up on the rivers..

I posted it before, but here is a link to a story I wrote about my trip there. Call me if you have any questions..

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/Brazil.htm

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, off color humor, pictures,and casual observations! Read it twice just to make sure, I didn’t miss anything. cheers
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 04/01/18 11:35 PM

Went once in Puerto Rico and had a blast
They couldn’t stay off a Rapala Shad Rap; but they wouldn’t touch a hair jig or spinnerbait that day

Live shiner under a bobber looks like it works well on YouTube
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing..... Advice Needed - 04/02/18 10:36 AM

We were there in January. It was our 5th trip. We always use Rod and Gun Resources when we are booking. They use River Plate Anglers. You can go with 2 styles ( big boat or fly in cabins). We prefer the fly in cabins. These areas have less fishing pressure. The big boats can not get unto the shallow waters. I could go on for hours. PM me if you needs any info on tackle , time of year....Rodney
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum