Texas Fishing Forum

Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area

Posted By: #coolmom

Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/07/18 10:16 PM

My husband and I will have all our children together for spring break. They range in age from 10 to 16. I know the sand bass are running but we don't have a boat, I am looking for a good place to take them where we can fish from the bank. Any ideas?
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/08/18 03:54 PM

Sandbass are roamers. They travel in schools and not always close to shore. Crappie, and catfish tend to be the close to shore fish to target.
Posted By: Karo

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/08/18 05:15 PM

Not in the Whitney area but you're willing to drive a couple hours y'all should go down to Barefoot's Fish Camp in Bend, TX on the Colorado River. Lots of places to fish off the bank, and it's a beautiful little piece of heaven. The owners are great and the sand bass are starting to run through there now.

http://www.barefootcamp.com/
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/08/18 05:29 PM

PM sent
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/08/18 05:30 PM

Take them to Hamms Creek Park outside of Rio Vista
Posted By: hunter1st

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/09/18 12:11 AM

As mentioned above, Hamms. If you are in for a walk, south out of Blum on Hwy 933 you will cross over a creek (Rock Creek). If you can find a place to park you can walk down the creek to the Nolan River. Not sure if they are up that far yet, but you can walk up and down the Nolan. Other option would be the park at the Nolan river boat ramp and walk up the Nolan.

I've never walked either, always by boat, but it would be a long ars walk with either option. Good luck, we have hauled a bunch of fish out of the area.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/09/18 12:35 AM

Barefoot is near Colorado Bend State Park.
If you want to get away from civilization to the country,
this is COUNTRY!
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Where can we take kids Sand Bass fishing off the bank in the Whitney area - 03/09/18 01:02 AM

Whitney State Park
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum