Texas Fishing Forum

15' Minnkota talons

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

15' Minnkota talons - 03/05/18 03:41 PM

Anyone got a pic of them installed on a boat yet? Wanting to see how high they stick up.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/07/18 01:20 AM

I will have some this weekend. They are pretty much like the 10' power poles
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/11/18 04:55 AM

Dang. Do they fold down for roading and parking?
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/11/18 01:19 PM

You can add the "break-over" brackets to your set-up, I have them on my 12's.

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/12/18 12:08 PM

Posted By: GROD

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/12/18 04:23 PM

Would suck for the angler in the back... seems like most guys fish off the front deck standing right next to one another most of the time.. I’ve never understood that but to each their own.

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/12/18 04:57 PM

I wont lie, my buddy hit them a few times this weekend before he figured out how not too. Being we fish together so much I talked to him about them before I ordered them. I was thinking 10s or 12s but he convinced me to get the 15s so he has to live with it. We don't normally fish both on the front unless it's flipping shallow stuff where we have to poke the front end around to get out baits where we want
Posted By: John175☮

Re: 15' Minnkota talons - 03/13/18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: GROD
Would suck for the angler in the back... seems like most guys fish off the front deck standing right next to one another most of the time.. I’ve never understood that but to each their own.

It's not as bad as you may think. It does limit sidearm casts but the motor does too. I have a 360 on a bracket on one side and a Talon on the other on my boat and fish from the back when my son-n-law wants to run the trolling motor. You cast out anywhere you want and if you hook one behind the boat you hold the rod up till clear of the motor/talon/360 and bring the fish in as usual. I have less concern about the Talon than I do of the outboard prop in the back and the trolling motor prop in the front. Wrap one of those and you lose a fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum