Texas Fishing Forum

Wanting to change brand of boat..

Posted By: Jhiggins

Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 12:15 AM

Alright fisherman and fisherwomen, I am wanting to change the brand of boat that I have. I currently have a 2015 ZX225 Skeeter and my previous boat was a 2008 FX250 Skeeter. I have fished my entire life, tournaments, for fun, etc... But i have recently retired, (I am only 53 years old and want a boat I can depend on for the next several years) and went to buy a new Skeeter, after three very bad experiences with the Skeeter dealers or reps I have decided not to buy another Skeeter. I wont mention and names or business's since I know a few of them are on this forum, so with that said,,, which boats do you recommend and why. I have fished out of every type of bass boat that they make but have only owned Skeeters and one ProCraft several years ago.
So please give me your opinions and any good experiences with the dealers of choice.
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 01:08 AM

If you don't have your mind made up on the brand of boat, go take a look at a bunch of them and decide for yourself. You will get nothing but biased answers on this topic.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 09:05 AM

I owned and fished out of Skeeters all my life.
Recently I purchased a used 21 foot Triton. Very nice rig. Good platform for fishing. Keeps me drier than the Skeeter did. Lots of storage. Laid out identical to my Skeeters. Not as fast, even with a bigger motor, but at 65 who needs fast anymore.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 11:47 AM

Their all pretty good boats these days and if you're buying new dealer support is just as critical if not more then the brand of boat.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 12:57 PM

https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/5/jaguar
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 01:12 PM

I switched to a bay boat because of spinal surgery makes it difficult to get in and out of the drivers seat of a bass boat but if I could own another on it would be this or the Lynx.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/02/18 03:11 PM

Those things are battleships! Probably the only BC boat I'd ever consider.
Posted By: C130

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/03/18 11:32 AM

I've owned two Bass Cats, my next boat will be a Bass Cat also. I like their quality but I like their customer service just as well. My wife just ordered me a new travel cover for my birthday. She called Bass Cat and talked to a gentleman that's worked for them for a very long time and he helped her get all the correct information as they are custom made. Mr. Pierce is active on their forum and Facebook owners page. It's these little things besides their quality that sets them apart to me. But, as others have stated having the right dealer is very important. Lots of nice boats around so I'd check out all the ones you might be interested in. I've had zero problems with the boat and same with the dealer, both have been outstanding.
Posted By: Jhiggins

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/03/18 02:48 PM

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. I have to agree with you all, I believe the dealer is the key not the brand of boat as they all are good boats. Sad to say but Skeeter has lost me....
I believe my next one will be the Bass Cat Jaguar. Now the fun starts!!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/03/18 03:15 PM

A Jaguar is a huge boat, bigger than I’d ever want! Go look at one in person before you fall in love.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/04/18 03:23 PM

It's been a while since I've shopped for a new Skeeter but when I did some years ago the sales folks at over 5 dealers were a joke. They acted as if I owed them something. I was bound and determine to own another Skeeter so I called the factory and they put me in touch with not only a dealer but a good salesperson. We designed the color scheme and options I wanted and they jumped the boat in line at the factory and 3 weeks later I had the boat I wanted. My next boat will be a Skeeter but I will not put up with the attitude of sorry a.. dealers. Call the factory and let them help you get the Skeeter you want. It's a shame your trying to spend big recreational money and having a hard time doing it. It should be a fun experience.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/04/18 10:51 PM

Bass Cat. Best bass boat on the water.
I had two Skeeters two Rangers and a Kitty Kat. Kitty was the best of the bunch.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/05/18 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BTwrestle04
If you don't have your mind made up on the brand of boat, go take a look at a bunch of them and decide for yourself. You will get nothing but biased answers on this topic.
He's right...and my biased opinion is Phoenix.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/07/18 05:10 AM

If I were looking today, Phoenix and Charger would be high on my list to check out. Coach
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/07/18 09:24 AM

One important lesson to learn. Those fish don't give a damn what or how pretty that boat looks. If you want a bigger or better toy for yourself, go for it. thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/07/18 06:04 PM

Oh no,..not another Ford-Chevy post.... de
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/07/18 06:21 PM

Nothing wrong with a Ford .... Just got to make sure it has a Chevy motor so it will run!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Wanting to change brand of boat.. - 03/08/18 05:57 PM

Maybe a Sprint....it could double as your phone, too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum