Texas Fishing Forum

HB 360 - reviews

Posted By: Okyakfishing

HB 360 - reviews - 01/10/18 02:55 AM

This has been out for a while, how many of you are using it and are you seeing the benefits?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/10/18 11:16 PM

Yes and YES.
Many times I have watched bass using that technology and caught them.

Feb 24, 2017 I watched three bass chasing a school of bass in less that 3' of water on the 360 view (water was muddy). I cast to one of those bass and caught it--10# 13 oz. I was doing this while everyone else on the lake was fishing the calendar pattern out in deep water. Caught 32 other bass that day shallow.

Not the 10# but a couple others using 360:

Posted By: John175☮

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/11/18 01:36 AM

I no longer use my side imaging. 100% 360.

With SI it's nice to know what you just passed...with 360 I fish it before I get to it.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/11/18 08:13 AM

I recently bought one and I love it. I'm still learning to really read it. It will take you some time so don't get discouraged. It has found me brushpiles, laydowns and even humps that I didn't know existed on water that I have fished a thousand times before. I still use my SI to locate spots but then go to the 360 to dissect them.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/11/18 04:41 PM

You can see ditches, drains and it is awesome for target fishing because you can be 100% productive with your casts
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/11/18 05:31 PM

I had one for the better part of a year but sold it when I bought an Ultrex. I had all intentions of getting another one for the Ultrex but just havent yet, keep feeling like they need to come out with a new version soon.

Pros - you can literally chase bass around with it and keep following them, you will also see things on all sides of the boat instead of just casting to the areas you are familiar with.

Cons - I sometimes felt like it was scaring the fish off. This is probably just in my head, but it is a little louder then your standard transducer due to the movement in order to get the 360 view, but of course it is no where near the volume of your trolling motor so again this is probably just in my head.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/17/18 05:14 PM

The 360 imaging is a great tool IMO, not only for seeing fish but is pretty awesome for seeing structure that you might would otherwise miss that may be on the opposite side of the boat while on the TM. Its not just for deep water either, seeing isolated timber while up shallow is a a big help too or while on Table Rock seeing where some of the underwater rock piles were was nice while cranking those rock ledges. Well worth the money IMO.
Posted By: Okyakfishing

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/30/18 01:09 AM

this is a follow up to another post but what other cable is needed for the TM 360 besides the AS EC QDE cable? This cable has a male connection and so does the cable coming from the 360 - any help would be very much appreciated.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB 360 - reviews - 01/30/18 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Okyakfishing
this is a follow up to another post but what other cable is needed for the TM 360 besides the AS EC QDE cable? This cable has a male connection and so does the cable coming from the 360 - any help would be very much appreciated.

You need the AS EC QDE to connect an Ethernet cable to a Helix or XX9 model.

The 20' cable that comes with the 360 is an Ethernet cable and has to be used between the 360 Ethernet cord and display/Ethernet Switch. The 8' Ethernet cord on the 360 does not connect to anything but an Ethernet cable.
If you don't want to use the 20' Ethernet cable, there is a 2', 10', 15' and 30' version.

If you got a 30' cable that will connect to itself, that is the wrong cable---it's an Ethernet Extension cable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum