Texas Fishing Forum

storing spinner baits

Posted By: Rhino Ranger

storing spinner baits - 12/23/17 01:33 AM

I have seen some spinner baits stored in plastic containers with some kind of powder on them. Does anyone know what that powder is? Is it supposed to keep the skirts in good shape?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: storing spinner baits - 12/23/17 03:22 AM

I build living rubber skirts on all my spinner baits. They must be kept away from other plastic baits. If you use trailers for better action, those must be removed when your fishing day is over. Even the rubber bands that hold the skirts on will cause a reaction over time; so all skirts are hand tied with copper wire. The skirts become gummy if not taken care of. I want my baits and skirts kept as air tight as possible. The soft side spinner bait binders or worm binders work great for this. I also use a lot of Minnow Extract on the skirts during the fishing day. When getting ready to store them away these are the things I do.

- If a lot of scent was used wash the baits in Dawn dish soap.
- Hang the baits and let them air dry.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of Baby Power on the skirts and rub it in, to get every strand separated and coated in the powder.
- Store away in an air tight binder. These must be labeled as worm proof; meaning the chemicals in the plastic binder will not deteriorate the rubber stored inside.
Posted By: 361V

Re: storing spinner baits - 12/23/17 07:44 PM

The easy and cheapest solution for me has been these boxes. One for spinnerbaits and one for buzzbaits: http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/plano-sto...oductextensions
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: storing spinner baits - 01/01/18 11:40 AM

Best product I have used for storing Spinner Baits is the Bass Mafia Blade Coffin. Each bait gets its own sleeve, keeping them separate and water tight. I just ordered another one and some more binders for mine to use the new one to store Jigs.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_Mafia_Blade_Coffin/descpage-BBC.html
Posted By: FireMedic486

Re: storing spinner baits - 01/07/18 11:20 PM

I like to put all of mine together in one compartment so they are incredibly tangled together and take approximately 147 hours to get one out to tie on the line. By the time I get one on the line and get the bleeding to stop from sticking myself 14,289 times I'm good to go. It's worked for me for years!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum