Capt. Chris Martin Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
SATURDAY – March 3rd

Capt. Todd Jones

Nowhere to hide…..!

The howling east winds made the conditions tough, but my group of four stayed busy battling the wind, and the fish, for most of the day. Well over 100 small reds and trout, which led to a few keepers and a decent box of fish for their efforts. Back at it again tomorrow for a half-day trip, so we’ll see if the fish grew a little overnight!

Capt. Kevin Matula

Conditions today weren’t optimal for what I had planned for this group out of Austin, TX today. The fish didn’t seem to mind the wind as these guys caught fish everywhere we went. They lost a few keeper fish but still had a great time and brought some fillets back to the lodge. Day 2 with these guys tomorrow should be even better.

SUNDAY – March 4th

Capt. Cooper Hartmann

It proved to be a little bit of a grind, but we got it done two days in a row – trout limits while wade fishing with lures. This is a great time of the year!

THURSDAY – March 8th

Capt. Chris Martin

It’s been a busy week at Bay Flats Lodge. You have probably already seen the announcement of our partnership with Building Conservation Trust (BCT) Coastal Conservation Association (CCA). We have great conservation-minded customers who will be contributing in order to protect and build marine habitat here along the central Texas coast, and we’re proud to match all their donations. This announcement has been made by way of social media, but I would encourage you to listen to the Outdoor Advocacy Podcast http://www.ccatexas.org/coastal-advocacy-adventures-podcas…/ to get more of the story. With that said, we’re still doing what we do best – making sure our friends and customers have the best experience possible!

Capt. Doug Russell

Today was a high-wind meat haul with a couple repeat Bay Flats Lodge customers. They managed several really nice reds, and an assortment of Black Drum.

Capt. Cody Spencer

Caught a really nice speck today while wade fishing with lures with customers here at the Lodge with first time-fisherman and women on a tough windy day. Had one guest take an unintended dip, so they elected to come in early and try their hand at it again in the morning!

Capt. Jeremy McClelland

Today we had to hop, skip, and jump to catch a variety-pack of fish for these my guests to take home. We caught and released many fish just shy of the slot, but it was still a lot of fun! I couldn’t do it without my sponsors!

SATURDAY – March 10th

Capt. Doug Russell

Calmer winds and warmer temps meant great fishing for trout limits, redfish, and Black Drum in today’s conditions!

Re: Wade Fishing Seadrift/PortO'Connor, Texas [Re: Capt. Chris Martin] #12670015 03/13/18 04:16 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice post! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide