Everybody knows fishing on the Middle Coast has been phenomenal, but the aggressiveness of the pre-front bite never gets old. Topwaters to gold spoons, anything you threw out got destroyed. Starting to see a few more schools of reds. The last school we chased today looked like they belonged in LA. Most all the fish were released today, except 5-6 for dinner.

Little tougher today with a stiff NE wind. We stayed in the bait all day, but couldn't ever catch more than a couple per stop. Days like this can be a grind sometimes. Blame it on the pressure, the wind, the temps, but sometimes these fish just lock up. Had to try and repeat day one, and none of us wanted to sit at home! Lol

By mid week I know the bite will return to normal, as we get our ESE winds back. But I will be looking forward to the next front, hopefully to dump a little more water, but also drop the bay temps again. I have had some epic days during a cold front and have tricked many big fish into striking. If we continue to get little cool fronts our bay waters will start to fall and this will trigger the winter pattern. Stay safe and see you on the water!