Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,804
Posts13,953,034
Members144,178
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Short notice12 hour 6 pack tuna charter Port Aransas -group list-Interest? #10977682 07/15/15 03:21 AM
TOO Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
Simple situation, got a Port Aransas 6-pack captain holding us on standby as offshore shrimp season opens tonight at midnight. If he gets into the tuna at some point behind shrimpboats and has a short term opening, (next day or two out), he's going to contact me as early as possible that day.

Looking for a group of guys that want to be include in a group text if this situation does come around to join me on the charter w/all of us doing equal cost sharing. We'll be doing a 12 hour charter, and the cost will be determined by captain and we'll pass out cost, game plan, and so on to those wanting to be on the notification text.

Recognize not everyone can commit if and when short notice charter develops but that's why I'd like group of 10+ like minded fishermen to be in the loop on this so if the situation does come about we can pounce on it and get after some tuna. Got 5 from my area ready on the group text, but would like another 5-10 cause not everyone can commit if a/or several charters develop.

Everyone will have to put some skin in the game to play this route, this ain't no Obama charter, but we'll figure out what fits everyone's needs best on paying. I've got serious $ in place already if a charter were to come about, as such I expect everyone else to do the same on their share.

Not figuring any call before about July 25th, as the captains usually don't go deep until at least then, and if the call comes in August we'll also be fishing for AJ's assuming they re-open the season on the 1st.

Again, we may not get a call, captain might be booked full if/when tuna show up, and might get several calls, don't know what will happen. If no call, all monies will be returned.

Please don't question my honesty or intention, plenty on here can vouch for me, (I hope!) If the idea of sending some holding money for just in case a call comes in for a tuna run on a Port A charter sound acceptable to you, email and/or text me and we'll get things lined up. Again, this is charter with me going and paying my equal part.

Willie
too@outdoorstexas.com

Re: Short notice12 hour 6 pack tuna charter Port Aransas -group list-Interest? [Re: TOO] #10977944 07/15/15 12:19 PM
T
tunatamer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Willie .... is there some reason you are not naming the boat and captain? I'm picky rolleyes

Also is there a "ballpark" $ figure we are talking about here?

Would you prefer that I email you with these questions?

Good idea though.

Originally Posted By: TOO
Please don't question my honesty or intention, plenty on here can vouch for me,

You sure to won't just take the money and head to messico?

"still" awesum
Re: Short notice12 hour 6 pack tuna charter Port Aransas -group list-Interest? [Re: TOO] #10977983 07/15/15 12:44 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
x2 on the ballpark $ amount. What size boat? Don't want to have to rotate who is handling the rod.

Re: Short notice12 hour 6 pack tuna charter Port Aransas -group list-Interest? [Re: tunatamer] #10981730 07/16/15 10:50 PM
TOO Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: tunatamer
Willie .... is there some reason you are not naming the boat and captain? I'm picky rolleyes

Also is there a "ballpark" $ figure we are talking about here?

Would you prefer that I email you with these questions?

Good idea though.

Originally Posted By: TOO
Please don't question my honesty or intention, plenty on here can vouch for me,

You sure to won't just take the money and head to messico?

Definitely several reasons not posting more info in public.
Will email you more details & PM Dlallder answers to his "?"'s, captain & I are fine tuning this process, & I've put a ton of time and money into trying to have a short notice tuna charter situation where the captain trusts me and me him to have a group ready to go.

Was thinking Vegas, but Cabo is nice this time of year.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide