Hello!

My name is AJ Patel and I am the regatta coordinator for Baylor Crew, the rowing team. We host Head of the Brazos, the largest student run regatta in the South, annually and this year it will be on October 13th, 2018 on the Brazos River from the Baylor Boathouse to Jacob's Ladder in Cameron Park. As regatta coordinator, I have to supply a Jon boat or a small motorized watercraft equivalent to each of the official referees that are going to be on the river for race day. I currently have 4, but am in need of a few more. I was told by a local boat shop that I should try to reach out to local fishermen forums to see if they'd be willing to help out, so that's exactly what I am doing.

I understand that this would be an inconvenience to you and am more than willing to compensate you for your time and equipment. Baylor Crew would supply fuel and food, as well as a variety of rowing races to watch should you choose. You would be accompanied by a boat licensed, USRowing certified official referee for the day who will be patrolling the river for boats in need of assistance or counting racing penalties. The regatta runs from 8AM till 4:30PM, but in order to get the referees setup on the course, it would be best to be at the Baylor Boathouse at 7AM.

If this opportunity interests you at all (even if there are some modifications that you would make to accept this request), please text or call me at my cellphone (408)-910-7408. I understand it is kind of late notice as the regatta is next Saturday, but I'm hoping for a miracle. If you want more information about the event it can be found here https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/?job_id=5985.

Thank you for your time!
-AJ

Moderators,
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, so please let me know if it should be elsewhere.