Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,938
Posts13,955,883
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
TroutSupport.com Announcement TSL - GrassWalker NEW Colors!!! #12804706 06/25/18 04:54 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Hey guys, just a quick announcement to let you know that I have a couple new colors out in the GrassWalker.
https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/

The first new color was requested, and named by Capt Trey Prye.. he's a big trout guide in Matagorda Bay. Coastal Gold
Its a great color in clear water grass flats and during the winter as well..
[Linked Image]

The next color is another long time favorite for both trout and redfish - many have been asking for this color for almost a year. PlumTreuse great in a lot of different water colors from Trout Green to Dirty.
[Linked Image]

For those of your that haven't seen the lure, here are a couple clips. It is important with any weedless rigged lure to set the hook differently than while using a jig head or treble hook bait. You have to set the hook hard enough and with a tighter drag to move the bait in the fishes mouth. I like to tighten my drag almost to the point where I can't pull any out... or thumb down on the spool during hookset. This will help your hook up ratio with all weedless rigged baits not just mine. Set the hook hard. I'm getting about a 90% + hook set ratio using a Trokar T140 or Owner Twistlock 5/0. Set the hook hard with any weedless rigged bait. Short, low energy hook sets on light drag only produce minimal energy that then get absorbed in our med light action rods; that's fine for a treble hook, but insufficient for a single hook weedless rigged bait. Hope that helps your hook up ratio with all bait brands; It's a category specific thing.

About the lure

Methods to get the most out of it

Last edited by TroutSupport.com; 06/25/18 04:55 PM.

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: TroutSupport.com Announcement TSL - GrassWalker NEW Colors!!! [Re: TroutSupport.com] #12809165 06/28/18 07:20 PM
L
Lindsey Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I can't wait for these new colors. I fished the flats near Aransas Pass in May with lot's of floating grass, and the Grasswalker was a savior in the clear skinny water. With redfish ganged up but still spooky and tailing near islands, a long cast with a soft landing helped me whip the reds. I was surprised by the aggressiveness of the bite. The twitch-twitch pause cadence resulted in many great catches. If you fish skinny water with vegetation, this lure is a must. Watch Tobin's YouTube video on how to bend the hooks properly too. That definitely seemed to make a difference. Tight lines!

I'm not a chick.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide