Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,799
Posts13,934,688
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? #12635519 02/19/18 05:52 PM
T
TXMulti-Species Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
My family and I are taking a trip this year in June to Destin, and none of us have ever been saltwater fishing. We really want to hire a charter service, but are unsure as to which one to hire. Any recommendations for species to target, inshore/offshore, or specific charters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
https://txmultispecies.imgur.com/
[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12635626 02/19/18 06:37 PM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
We go every year for company trip.
Best two boats are the enterprise and the back down.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: Pat Goff] #12637718 02/20/18 07:48 PM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
We go every year for company trip.
Best two boats are the enterprise and the back down.

Thanks! I'll keep those in mind.

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12638334 02/21/18 01:30 AM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Both of those captains stay busy. Better book early.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12640855 02/22/18 02:10 PM
J
JJHunts Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I have been 3 times with Captain Stan Phillips on the charter boat Destination. We have smoked them every time we have been with him. He is a great man, and one hell of a captain. I have been offshore several dozen times on private charters and my trips with Capt. Stan in Destin are towards the top of my list. Make sure you bring a big cooler!

Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12650846 02/28/18 10:21 AM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P
depending on when in June you go, you may be able to get in a boat during red snapper season. A lot depends on budget. If you want a party boat, you can get on the Princess or American Spririt...an 8 hour trip is about $90. You can expect to catch fish, and they'll provide equipment and bait...but you will be elbow to elbow with 40 other fishermen. If you've never been offshore, I highly recommend you visit your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe the patch to put behind your ear for motion sickness. Better to be safe than sorry. Be sure to visit the HarborWalk at night...they do a parade a couple nights a week and it's a fun atmosphere.
I might suggest visiting www.pensacolafishingforum.com as there is a ton of local information there about local guides/charters.
If you have the budget, I'd book a private charter. Most decent captains there can put you on bottom fish easily and you'll have the boat to yourself, so it'll be a more pleasant experience for the family.

Re: Fishing Charter in/near Destin, Florida Recommendations? [Re: photofishin] #12661731 03/07/18 04:52 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: JJHunts
I have been 3 times with Captain Stan Phillips on the charter boat Destination. We have smoked them every time we have been with him. He is a great man, and one hell of a captain. I have been offshore several dozen times on private charters and my trips with Capt. Stan in Destin are towards the top of my list. Make sure you bring a big cooler!

Originally Posted By: photofishin
depending on when in June you go, you may be able to get in a boat during red snapper season. A lot depends on budget. If you want a party boat, you can get on the Princess or American Spririt...an 8 hour trip is about $90. You can expect to catch fish, and they'll provide equipment and bait...but you will be elbow to elbow with 40 other fishermen. If you've never been offshore, I highly recommend you visit your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe the patch to put behind your ear for motion sickness. Better to be safe than sorry. Be sure to visit the HarborWalk at night...they do a parade a couple nights a week and it's a fun atmosphere.
I might suggest visiting www.pensacolafishingforum.com as there is a ton of local information there about local guides/charters.
If you have the budget, I'd book a private charter. Most decent captains there can put you on bottom fish easily and you'll have the boat to yourself, so it'll be a more pleasant experience for the family.

Thanks, guys! I'll definitely keep all that in mind. I've actually been on one of those party boats and it was a horrible experience. The crew were drunkards and forgot to untie the mooring line. They pulled the dock into the water before they realized anything was wrong. I'll definitely be looking into shelling out some more money to avoid anything like that again.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide