Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 5/7/17 to 5/14/17
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Wind Closes Port for 3 Days!
Weather: HOT, HOT, HOT
Fishing Getting Better for Striped Marlin!
Big Blue Marlin Hooked!! 11/2 Hour Battle!
Dorado Still Showing Up!
Tuna? No Fish This Week
NiceWahoo Caught 50 lb to 60lb Range!
Hammerhead and Mako Shark Action Good!
Red Snapper Fishing Good!
Bob Marlin Catches 3 Snapper 15lb to 25lb!
Sierra Fishing Good Inshore!
Water Warming Up!
Fish Report Boy says: Not Sure who Biggest Dork is Chris or JC!
JC says: My Recipes are Like my Kids
JC, s Oysters Rockefellers Recipe!
JC,s Southern Baja Fried Oysters !

JC Says: I Wrote Roses are Red My Love for Bobby Vinton!!
Chris Shouted: JC, Wrote Santa Must be Polish also!!
Fish Report Boy says: JC,s Real First Name is Daffyth !!
JamieB says:JC, Penciled "It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" for Mr. Rogers!!
Darrel says: I Hate JC,s Music, Very Childish!!

HEADLINES: May 14, 2017:
JC says: Oh, Fishreportboy wants to box with me? Fish Report boy really dont know what he's getting into JC screamed!! Does he know who hes messing with? I am a 3 time Golden Glove lightweight champion, 2 times Arkansas Midget Wrestling State champion, Branson, Missouri Blue Hair senior citizens' arm wrestling second runner up. Thats Right JC laughingly said: I did coldcok Boxcar Willie when I was getting his autographHe called me: a little Twirp!! I had a run in with Bobbie Vinton also, and I had to teach him a lesson, he stole my song: Red Roses for a Blue LadyI caught Bobby in Vegas and threw him down a flight of stairs in the old Trpoicana Hotel. I was playing piano like a lounge lizard back then and chumming around with the Rat Pack. JC shouted: Tell Fish Report Boy, I'm Waiting, Bring it on

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Port closes for 3 days just as fishing was starting to pick up, it has been a big problem all week except for today it has finally died down. WIND, WIND, WIND really the major story all of this past week as it has pretty much wiped out our fishing week last week and now its calm. Who knows? It was so windy at some points that it actually became dangerous to be out there fishing for some of the smaller boats.

WATER: Although our water temperatures are warming up pretty fast there is still quite the contrast of water temperatures from Pacific side to the East Cape area. I am thinking maybe the wind blew some cooler water towards San Jose over the last week cause we have been getting a good wind from the north all week. There is a huge difference in the water temperatures on the East Cape compared to closer to Cabo on the Pacific side where there is like a 10 degree difference in water. East Cape some areas are 84 degrees and here close to Cabo on the Pacific it is 74 degrees and colder in some spots, so quite the contrast and this will affect the fishing in both areas as we will be catching something completely different from them boys on the East Cape.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: Yup, the first Sailfish of the season caught last week and I remember last year we had some good action on the Saifish for a couple months. Well the Marlin fishing has definitely been affected by the wind this past week. Not only the Marlin, but every other species has been slowed down by the gusty winds. Not any big number of Marlin being landed but a few from the 95 spot to Grey Rock, with most being landed on live bait and lures. Really nothing like the week before when we even caught some Blue and Black Marlin

DORADO: Finally a few are starting to show up as we landed some really nice ones this past week. We spotted some floating trach and it was making some shade for some really nice Doraods and we landed 4 from 25lbs to 35lbs, but in general it has been slow as they just havent shown up this year yet and I am starting to wonder if the commercial fishing boats are raping the Dorado. I said this last week, but it's worth leaving in the report this week also: If the USA would stop buying illegal fish caught in Mexico that would help a lot as it is not legal to net Dorado in Mexico because it is a sportfishing and not listed as a commercial species. It seems as long as there are buyers then this will continue to happen and it seems the authorities just look the other way since they are getting their cut. I wanted to repeat this as I think this is one of the problems of the fish not showing in numbers that we are used to here in Cabo

SWORDFISH: Havent heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: Some 50lb to 60lb Wahoo being landed this past week. Some good action for Wahoo using planer boards and rapalas from Grey Rock to Santa Maria beach. Some nice fish reported, also try using some live bait for the Wahoo,s.

TUNA: They are pretty much scattered out and you have to keep a keen eye out for them. Tuna fishing has slowed big time with most being caught tight to the beach and they are in the Football size range using king busters and cedar plugs. If you try from the Light House all the way to San Jose you might run into some decent Tuna bites, but I dont think you will get any real big fish mostly all about the same size.

INSHORE: Good over last couple days since wind died down with good Sierra action from Grey Rock to Light House. Some Snappers close to the beach in the rocks off of Pedregal Beach. It has been slow as not to many Pangas going out due to windy conditions, but they have seen some action with Roosters from Gray Rock to Chileno Bay. If you slow trolled live bait you will see action on Roosters s one of our boats caught 8 Rooster Fish last week using these techniques. The Jack Crevall has been biting pretty good, really not that great to eat but fun to catch.

From The Admirals Kitchen!
JC, s Oysters Rockefellers Recipe
INGREDIENTS
1 pound butter
1 rib celery, finely chopped
2 bunches green onions, finely chopped, about 2 cups
1 bunch parsley, fine chopped
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon Pernod, Anisette, or Herbsaint
1 1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
4 dozen oysters in their shells
rock salt
PREPARATION
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet or saut pan and add the celery, scallions and parsley. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the Worcestershire and Tabasco. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Herbsaint or Pernod and bread crumbs; cook for 5 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until cold but not firmly set.

3. Shuck oysters. Discard the top shells; scrub and dry the bottom shells.
4. Drain the oysters. Arrange several oyster shells in baking pans lined with about 1 inch of rock salt.
5. Place 1 oyster in each shell. Heat oven to 375.
6. Remove the chilled buttery crumb topping from the refrigerator and beat it with an electric mixer to evenly blend the butter and fluff it a bit; transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip.
7. Pipe a tablespoon of the mixture onto each oyster, then bake in a 375 oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Allow about 6 oysters for each guest. If possible, bake these in batches of 6 or 8, so each person will have a hot serving.

JC,s Southern Baja Fried Oysters !!
This Southern Fried Oysters Recipe is a classic. In early 19th century America, oysters were cheap and plentiful and eaten mainly by the working class, even for breakfast. I ate them on cold autumn mornings on Long Island before a day of digging clams, or on a Sunday in winter before a day of football. Since then, oysters have become expensive, but now farmed oysters, which are actually good for the environment, are becoming more plentiful and this is bringing the price down -- making a hearty breakfast of fried oysters in cornmeal, rashers of bacon and some hot coffee more than just a memory. The key to success here is to use good bacon, strong coffee -- and small oysters.
INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound good bacon
1 cup medium-grind cornmeal
1 tablespoon cayenne (less if you'd like)
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs1 pound small oysters, in their liquor (their own juices)
PREPARATION
1. Fry the bacon over medium-low heat until crispy and let drain on paper towels.
2. Meanwhile, mix the cornmeal, cayenne and black pepper together in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and 2-3 tablespoons of the oyster liquor together.
4. Pick through the oysters to make sure no bits of shell are on them, then dip each one into the egg mixture and then into the cornmeal mixture.
5. Fry over medium heat until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.

6. You will need to do this in batches so you don't crowd the pan. Drain the oysters on paper towels with the bacon.
7. Serve at once with reserved bacon, hot black coffee, maybe some hash browns and an egg or two. Finish with a piece of fruit and you have yourself a breakfast that'll carry you through to dinner!

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ