Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 4/13/15 to 4/20/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
Striped Marlin: Saint Jamie Banks!!!
JC says: Im a Marlin Freak ?
Water Warming Fast?
Dorado A Few!!
Sierra: Hot on Pacific Side!!!
Amber Jacks: Still, Pretty Good!!!
Smoking Fish Info Inside?
2 Shrimp Recipe inside?
Pacific Oyster Recipe Inside!!!

HEADLINES: April 20, 2015:
Pretty quiet around JC office over the last few days. All the autograph signing over Spring Break wore old JC out. All that stuff about being an ebook author and new book coming out. What was that stupid book you have coming out? As the Admiral Sea it, Recipes from My HeartWhats that all about JC: You cant even cook Bacon and Eggs!!! I had breakfast with you and you screwed up the Hot Cakes!! That beer batter you used for the cakes was more BEER than anything!! You tried to impress me by showing how to cook eggs on the hood of your car in that hot Cabo sun!! Well I want impressed, eggs had dirt in them.
I have one other thing to say:Dont you ever call me Little Man again!!! Not sure where that comes from, Im 6,3 and your 5,8? Ive said: what I have to say!! I am going to write that so called report you hired me to write.

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: It has been pretty darn good over the last week with most days in the mid to ladder 80,s and lows in the 60,s at night. We can't get much better than that really. Not a lot of wind just a little breeze in the afternoons, but as far as fishing goes, it has been some pretty smooth seas making it a nice ride when out sport fishing.
WATER: On average the temperatures have been in the mid to low 70,s a little above average than normal. It should be cooler right now, but this year has been weird all year. Of course up inside of the Sea of Cortez is always much warmer than we have in Caba as sometimes its a whole different ball game down there as far as species being caught. The clash of the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez here in Cabo makes for a much different chain of events as far a fishing goes.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb
BILLFISH: Marlin fishing has been pretty good this past week around the 95 spot and now the fish are moving back up to the pacific side to the San Jamie Banks area. Most fish being caught have been taken on live bait and lures. I know some of the other fleets have caught fish in this area also from their reports.
Cabo has more Striped Marlin caught than anywhere on earth and here is a little info. About them The striped marlin is a species of marlin found in tropical to temperate Indo-Pacific oceans not far from the surface. It is a desirable commercial and game fish with a record weight (in 1982) of 190 kg (420 lb) and a maximum length of 4.2 m (13.8 ft). The striped marlin is a predator that hunts during the day in the top 100 meters or so of the water column, often near the surface. One of their chief prey is sardines.
DORADO: The Dorado fishing has been just ok as of now. We had thought they were long gone, but there is still some around to our surprise. It seems with the water warmer, it has kept them in the area somewhat so it's all good as far as we are concerned. They are hitting lures and live bait.
WAHOO: I did hear of a an 80lb pounder being caught this past week, but thats about it.
TUNA: I havent heard of anything as far as Tuna goes as they seem to be long gone right now but they will show up sooner or later.
INSHORE: The inshore action has been pretty darn good. Sierra action has been consistent from Solmar to the Pump House on hootchies and striped bait also a few Amber Jacks being landed. The Jack Crevalle have been around with some being caught on the pacific side.
From The Admirals Kitchen!!
Shrimp with Garlic!!
Ingredients Nutrition
Servings 6 Units US
25 -30 large shrimp, raw and peeled (or jumbo)
3 tablespoons chopped garlic, fresh (see tip) or 3 tablespoons from a jars
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons paprika
fresh ground sea salt, to taste (see tip)
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
Directions
1. In a large Ziplock freezer bag, mix everything except the butter and swish it around good to coat all of the shrimp. Or, mix everything in a large bowl and cover TIGHTLY with Saran wrap.
2. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat large heavy bottom pan with the butter in it on medium. Toss shrimp around for about 10 minutes until pink and lightly browned.
4. TIPS: Do not substitute with garlic powder OR dried parsley! Sea salt is stronger than table salt so use less than normal. Table salt can be substituted.
5. Serve with steak or pasta with a white sauce.
6. I KNOW THIS IS VERY SIMILAR TO MY OTHER SHRIMP RECIPE, BUT I MADE IT THIS WAY TONIGHT AND IT WAS SO UNBELIEVABLE THAT I HAD TO POST IT! EVEN BETTER THAN MY OTHER SHRIMP RECIPE!
Shrimp Spicy!!

Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
4 cloves garlic, crushed away from skin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact, ask for easy peels at your fish counter
2 teaspoons grill or steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and pepper

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Toss with lemon zest, juice and chopped parsley. Remove shrimp to a serving platter, leaving the garlic cloves in the pan.

Smoking Fish Information!!
The preservation of fish has been an integral part of every seafaring culture. Over the course of thousands of years of drying, salting and smoking fish the technique has developed to a point where once common food has become a delicacy. In this article, let's look at hot smoked fish. Cold smoking requires temperatures below 80 degrees F. For several days. Hot smoking, however, can be done at temperatures of up to 250 degrees F
And only takes a few hours. It is best to start with a salt water brine. The brining process is quick so don't worry about having to start out the day before. Plan on the fish being in the brine for about 15 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness. Also plan on 1 quart of brine per pound of fish.
The brine can be simply salt and water. Plan on 1 tablespoon of plain salt, meaning salt without iodine, per cup of water. If you want to use tap water, let it sit in a large container without a lid to let the chlorine dissipate. The brine can also contain whatever seasonings you choose to add. You can replace some of the water with white wine, or you can add peppercorns, brown sugar, or any seasoning that you like with fish. But what kind of fish to use? Any fish will work. However fattier fish will absorb more smoke flavor, so fish like salmon and trout are perfect for smoking. You can use whole fish or parts, but fillets with the skin still on are better than other cuts.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ