Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 2/17/18 to 2/25/18
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Inshore Action Hot!
Group Catches Sierra, Pompano, Snapper, Grouper!
Tuesday Our Catch Me Catches 3 Fish Bottom Fishing!
Wednesday Hot Again Lots of Fish Inshore!
Thursday All Our Boats Catch 20 Plus Fish!
Windy and Rough Offshore!
Thursday All Our Boats Catch 20 Plus Fish!
Our Boat Catch Me Finds Tuna School!
Catch Me Lands 2 Tuna 40 50lbs!
Saturday We Land 2 Marlin Off of Margarita!
Springbreakers Arriving Soon in Numbers!
All Fishing Action on Pacific Side!
Triggerfish Good Numbers!
Roosters, Groupers, Snappers Jigging Iron!
2 Red Snapper Recipes Inside!!
JC,s Baja Rum Punch Cocktail !!
JC Says: Fish Report Boy is a Retard!
Chris Shouted: If JC, Dont Like Fishboy, I Dont!
Fish Report Boy says: JC is the Willie Wanka of Mexico!!
JamieB says: Fish Report Boy is a Drunk!!
Darrel says: Id Like to Punch Fish Boy!!
The Brits say: JC, a Chef ? What a Joke, That Old Bloke Cant Cook. JC is a fraudulant Marlin Guru who thinks hes a master chef ? The guy cant even cook a piece of Wahoo!!

HEADLINES: February 26, 2018
Well JC seemed a little under the weather this past week! Seems as if the fishing gods had not come to town and only springbreakers. With fishing being so slow JC vowed to lock him self in his room and not come out till fishing got better, and thats what he did? I went by to see him and, He screamed: I aint taking any visitors especially youHe said: How do you have time to come check on me when you are supposed to be writing that so called fishing report So I left and the last I heard him screaming was Ill come out when the fishing gods return!!! Great I will come check on you next week I said. Then he said: dont bother I am the Admiral and your not!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: The weather is really nice, and has been all week, with highs in the mid to ladder 80,s and lows in the low 60,s. Some wind on Pacific side making conditions a little rough but clear and warm. Typical great weather over the last week, but it doesnt seem to have helped the fishing any, as its been pretty slow in all areas. We expect the continuation of good weather for the next week or so. Since we are hoping the weather is good that the fishing starts to get better.

WATER: Well, we have some really cool water north of us on the Pacific side, and I expect this cooler water to move into our area soon. 60 to 100 miles north of us there is a mass of cool water lingering and its moving our way. According to the temp Break map there is water there in the 67 to 69 degree range. We here in Cabo and the surrounding areas are right around 71 to 74 with patches of warm water south of us, and in the Sea od Cortez side, which are up to around 76 or 77 degrees.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: A few Marlin around but fishing is all over the map really, if your going up and around the Light House on the Pacific side you mitr rum into some action We were using live bait and ballyhoo to land a few, but really not many at all.So it has been unpredictable as to where we are going to find the fish, but lucky for us, we dont have to go for much of a boat ride to run into great fishing

DORADO: The fishing for Dorado has slowed some. It seems as if they are long gone, this past week. I havent really heard of anything as far as Dorado goes this week. We are hoping this turns around this coming week.

WAHOO: Havent heard of any this past week.

TUNA: Our boats did run into a school and we landed a couple nice Tuna in the 40 to 50lbs range. If you want to run 25 miles and look hard there is a remote possibility you mite run into some Tuna. It would be a [censored] shoot though, as nothing has been reported.

INSHORE: The inshore fishing has been really hot with lots of Snappers, Groupers, Pompano, Sierra, Triggerfish and Rabbitfish. Our boats have been landing 2 to 30 fish everyday for the last few days. We expect when the water has finally cooled some, we are seeing some better inshore action on the Sierras and Yellowtail. That cool water is moving south and by next week we expect Yellowtail and Sierra fishing to get red hot.

From The Admirals Kitchen is Open Again!!
Veracruz-Style Red Snapper!!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon capers

1 tablespoon caper juice
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup pitted, sliced green olives (such as Castelvetrano
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 (7 ounce) red snapper fillets, cut in half
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
2 limes, juiced
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until onions begin to turn translucent, 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Cook and stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add capers and caper juice; stir to combine.
4. Stir in tomatoes, olives, jalapeno pepper, . Cook and stir until jalapeno pepper softens and tomatoes begin to collapse, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in oregano.
5. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into a small baking dish. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the tomato-olive mixture. Top with 1 snapper fillet, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Top with more filling and juice from 1 lime. Repeat with remaining snapper fillet, seasoning, and lime juice in a second baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until fish is flaky and no longer translucent, 15 to 20 minutes.
Mexican Style Pacific Red Snapper
*Serves 2
2 red snapper fillets
1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
5 small cluster tomatoes (quartered)
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
salt & pepper
sprinkling of dried thyme
1. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for a bit until the onion is slightly softened. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon juice and a light sprinkle of thyme.
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the ingredients just begin to resemble a chunky fresh pasta sauce.
3. Lightly salt & pepper the fish fillets and add them into the pan.
4. Cook each fillet for about 2-3 minutes per side (continue flipping 1-2 more times, depending on how thick the fillets are and how quickly they cook).
5. Fish will be done when its white and begins to flake.
6. Serve it with the sauce scooped over. (We also roasted some market carrots and broccoli as a side dish).

JC,s Baja Rum Punch Cocktail !!
2. 1 cup Bacardi 151 rum
1/2 cup Myer's dark rum
1/4 cup Malibu coconut rum
2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
2 1/2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tbsp grenadine syrup
ice cubes
4. Mix all ingredients together in a blender or punch bowl. Pour over ice cubes in any type of glass.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ