jcsportfishing Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 7/5/16 to 7/12/16
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Blue Marlin Hook Up Close to 1000lbs!
We Caught a Blue Marlin 270lbs !
Striped Marlin Good Numbers!
DO NOT KILL BILLFISH PLEASE!
Tuna Action 50lb to 150lbs Caught!
The Weather is Smoking Hot Hot!!
Dorado Just Havent Shown Up?
Wahoo Around Just Hit and Miss!
Roosters on Live Bait, Tight to the Beach!
Good Triggerfish Action for the Kids!
JC says: I Wish I Could Drive a Taxi ?
Caitlyn Jenner says: JC, the Guys a Bum!
Fish Report Boy : A Taxi? You Idiot JC!
Chris Shouted: JC, Drove Taxi in Cuba During the Revolution!
JamieB says: JC, Drives a 64 Rambler, Thats it!
Darrel says: JC, That Fool Drove a Falcon When I Met Him!
The Brits say: JC, Drove a Hackney Carriage in London for Years!
JC,s New Cabo Cocktails Recipes!!
2 Baja Recipes Inside!!
JC,s Pan Seared Baja Tuna!!
JC,s Baja Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks!!

HEADLINES: July 12, 2016:
JC screamed: Yes a Taxi! I want to drive one cause Im a talker and I could talk to people all day if I drove taxi. The public needs to know about me? No one knows some of the important things about me, like in 1975 I won the Arkansas State fair hair pulling contest, I got 3 handfuls of some bleach blondes hair, I won a $15.00 dollar first prize and a Blue Ribbon. It's stuff like that I want the public to know about me. I am not just a Marlin expert, there is many sides to me, I am a sophisticated individual. People dont know I hung out with the Rat Pack in Vegas and was friends with Frank, Dean, Sammy and the boys. I drove Taxi in Vegas also. Sammy called me a Cream Puffone night cause he stole my song the Candy Manand I called him on it. We had a bit of a scuffle and settled it outside. Thats the stuff that the people need to know about JC.
Fish Report Boy screamed: The Candy Man?Stop your lies JC, just stop your lies, you are not the legend you think you areWe all know you now?

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Well the only way to describe it is really hot and being mid summer in Cabo it is nothing new but we are experiencing a much hotter year than previous summers. I have been here a long time, and this is pretty extreme as far as heat goes. Highs are pushing 100 degrees about every day except for today, as I am writing this report we have some overcast skies and its not as hot as it has been but is really humid today. We dont expect any changes in daytime temperatures so if you're coming to Cabo expect some pretty warm days.

WATER: Hasnt changed much in over a week the warm water is here to stay awhile and it feels like a bathtub if you spend time in it. The temps I noticed on the Tempbreak map was 79 to 85 degrees, which is pretty warm all over. If we could get some decent weather I think the fishing would be off the hook. Please check out the Tempbreak map link below to get a good idea on water temperatures.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: Blue Marlin fishing has been hot this past week with us landing a 270lb Big Boy and then hooking into a monster of close to 1000lbs in which we got spooled on 30 wide . The warm water tempertures has brought in the Blues but we arent really complaining as it has been an action filled week for sport fishing in Cabo. There has been like 1 to 3 Blues being hooked ever day over last week. Most of the big Blues were hitting live bait and lures from the 95 spot to the 1150. The Striped Marlin fishing has been pretty decent all week also with quite a few being landed. Sailfish fishing has been pretty hot also this past week with multiple fish being fought and landed, of course we always like to release any Billfish we land. Every year about this time when the Tuna and Dorado fishing slow lots of the crews on the sportfishing boats will want to kill there catches, including Marlin. Please DO NOT give in to this request and explain the charter company and the crew before you leave the dock that you are not into killing the Marlin. Explain that you want to release any Marlin or Sailfish caught. Please practice CATCH and RELEASE for your kids and grandkids have the same experiences as you and your family now.

DORADO: Dorado fishing really isnt happening right now and we really arent sure when it will kick into gear, its basically a hit and miss deal if you want Dorado. As we have been reporting the Dorado fishing hasn't really kicked into gear this year or even last year. There has been some caught this past week, and it is better than last week. Most of the fish caught were smaller ones but they are out there and we are happy about that.

SWORDFISH: Hasn't heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: A few more reported this past week so we know they are still around and in the area pretty much scattered out. The purple small Marlin jigs are good for the Wahoos.

TUNA: A few Tuna caught while we were fishing for Marlin with lures. Their was some Tuna landed tipping the scales from 50lbs to 150lbs and then a lot of football size Tuna. Most Tuna action has been outside at about 16 to 25 miles offshore in most cases. The area we are catching is the 1150 to San Jamie Banks.

INSHORE: Really about the same as last week, lots of Roosters up and arounf the Old Light House. Roosters are still the story if the week if you are inshore fishing. The Old Light House seems to be where the inshore action is happening. So jump into a Panga and head up there you might get in on some smaller game action. The kids will get some good action with the Triggerfish and there fun to catch.
From The Admirals Kitchen!

Ingredients
2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno, sliced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, grated
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch sugar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced

Directions
In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.

Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.

INGREDIENTS
4 6- to 7-ounce ahi tuna steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
1 tablespoon coarsely cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup dry Sherry
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
PREPARATION
Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with salt, then sprinkle with coarsely cracked black pepper, pressing gently to adhere. Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna steaks and sear until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter. Tent platter loosely with foil to keep tuna steaks warm. Add soy sauce, then Sherry to same skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over tuna steaks. Sprinkle with chives or green onion tops.
JC,s Frozen Mango Rum Cocktail!

INGREDIENTS
SERVINGS 6-8UNITS US
2cups white rum
1⁄2cup coconut rum
1⁄2cup fresh lime juice
3cups fresh mango (this also works well with papaya or peaches)
1tablespoon sugar, depending on sweetness of the mango
2cups ice cubes
DIRECTIONS
1. Blend all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender until the mango is pureed.
2. Gradually add the ice and continue to blend the drink until the ice is crushed and all of the ingredients are throughly mixed.
3. Transfer the blended drink to a jug, bowl, or other container and freeze for one hour.
4. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
5. Cooing time is the length of time that the mixture has to be in the freezer before serving.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ

As the Admiral Seas It

2 Baja Recipes Inside!!

JC screamed: Yes a Taxi! I want to drive one cause Im a talker and I could talk to people all day if I drove taxi. The public needs to know about me? No one knows some of the important things about me, like in 1975 I won the Arkansas State fair hair pulling contest, I got 3 handfuls of some bleach blondes hair, I won a $15.00 dollar first prize and a Blue Ribbon. It's stuff like that I want the public to know about me. I am not just a Marlin expert, there is many sides to me, I am a sophisticated individual. People dont know I hung out with the Rat Pack in Vegas and was friends with Frank, Dean, Sammy and the boys. I drove Taxi in Vegas also. Sammy called me a Cream Puffone night cause he stole my song the Candy Manand I called him on it. We had a bit of a scuffle and settled it outside. Thats the stuff that the people need to know about JC.
Fish Report Boy screamed: The Candy Man?Stop your lies JC, just stop your lies, you are not the legend you think you areWe all know you now?

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Well the only way to describe it is really hot and being mid summer in Cabo it is nothing new but we are experiencing a much hotter year than previous summers. I have been here a long time, and this is pretty extreme as far as heat goes. Highs are pushing 100 degrees about every day except for today, as I am writing this report we have some overcast skies and its not as hot as it has been but is really humid today. We dont expect any changes in daytime temperatures so if you're coming to Cabo expect some pretty warm days.

WATER: Hasnt changed much in over a week the warm water is here to stay awhile and it feels like a bathtub if you spend time in it. The temps I noticed on the Tempbreak map was 79 to 85 degrees, which is pretty warm all over. If we could get some decent weather I think the fishing would be off the hook. Please check out the Tempbreak map link below to get a good idea on water temperatures.

BILLFISH: Blue Marlin fishing has been hot this past week with us landing a 270lb Big Boy and then hooking into a monster of close to 1000lbs in which we got spooled on 30 wide . The warm water tempertures has brought in the Blues but we arent really complaining as it has been an action filled week for sport fishing in Cabo. There has been like 1 to 3 Blues being hooked ever day over last week. Most of the big Blues were hitting live bait and lures from the 95 spot to the 1150. The Striped Marlin fishing has been pretty decent all week also with quite a few being landed. Sailfish fishing has been pretty hot also this past week with multiple fish being fought and landed, of course we always like to release any Billfish we land. Every year about this time when the Tuna and Dorado fishing slow lots of the crews on the sportfishing boats will want to kill there catches, including Marlin. Please DO NOT give in to this request and explain the charter company and the crew before you leave the dock that you are not into killing the Marlin. Explain that you want to release any Marlin or Sailfish caught. Please practice CATCH and RELEASE for your kids and grandkids have the same experiences as you and your family now.

DORADO: Dorado fishing really isnt happening right now and we really arent sure when it will kick into gear, its basically a hit and miss deal if you want Dorado. As we have been reporting the Dorado fishing hasn't really kicked into gear this year or even last year. There has been some caught this past week, and it is better than last week. Most of the fish caught were smaller ones but they are out there and we are happy about that.

WAHOO: A few more reported this past week so we know they are still around and in the area pretty much scattered out. The purple small Marlin jigs are good for the Wahoos.

TUNA: A few Tuna caught while we were fishing for Marlin with lures. Their was some Tuna landed tipping the scales from 50lbs to 150lbs and then a lot of football size Tuna. Most Tuna action has been outside at about 16 to 25 miles offshore in most cases. The area we are catching is the 1150 to San Jamie Banks.

INSHORE: Really about the same as last week, lots of Roosters up and arounf the Old Light House. Roosters are still the story if the week if you are inshore fishing. The Old Light House seems to be where the inshore action is happening. So jump into a Panga and head up there you might get in on some smaller game action. The kids will get some good action with the Triggerfish and there fun to catch.

Ingredients
1/2 jalapeno, sliced
1 garlic clove, grated
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch sugar

Directions
In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.

Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup dry Sherry
PREPARATION
Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with salt, then sprinkle with coarsely cracked black pepper, pressing gently to adhere. Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna steaks and sear until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter. Tent platter loosely with foil to keep tuna steaks warm. Add soy sauce, then Sherry to same skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over tuna steaks. Sprinkle with chives or green onion tops.

INGREDIENTS
SERVINGS 6-8UNITS US
2cups white rum
1⁄2cup coconut rum
1⁄2cup fresh lime juice
2cups ice cubes
DIRECTIONS
1. Blend all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender until the mango is pureed.
2. Gradually add the ice and continue to blend the drink until the ice is crushed and all of the ingredients are throughly mixed.
3. Transfer the blended drink to a jug, bowl, or other container and freeze for one hour.
5. Cooing time is the length of time that the mixture has to be in the freezer before serving.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ

As the Admiral Seas It

2 Baja Recipes Inside!!

Ingredients
1/2 jalapeno, sliced
1 garlic clove, grated
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch sugar

Directions

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup dry Sherry
PREPARATION

INGREDIENTS
SERVINGS 6-8UNITS US
2cups white rum
1⁄2cup coconut rum
1⁄2cup fresh lime juice
2cups ice cubes
DIRECTIONS

Re: Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report and Baja [Re: jcsportfishing] #11721175 07/13/16 09:10 PM
O
opus Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Goin to be in Cabo Labor Day how should tuna fishin be? And is there any place to rent rod & reels to fish off beach for roosters?

Last edited by opus; 07/13/16 11:31 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide