The winds are finally backing off and the inshore fishing has picked up! The strong NW winds pushed down the cooler water but brought the fish with it. The boys are doing good on the Pacific side with good catches of Roosterfish and Sierra. Yesterday my brother in law Justo on 3 Marlins caught 6 Roosters up to 30 lbs., 4 Sierra and a couple of Jack Cravelle on a halfday trip! Not bad at all! The sea temp is down to 68 degrees and the water is very clear, with good conditions all over. The bite is changing daily so you have to work the areas but te hotspots have been from the Faro up to Gaspareo! Igot reports today that in the Sea of Cortez down by Chileno the boys were all over a huge school of Jack Cravelle. They were good size up to 30 lbs, and all over the baits! The boats that were there were treated to a great bite and loaded up, lots of screaming and yelling as multiple hookups abounded! The offshore fishing is hit and miss. Some boats that went to the Jaime Bank had fair fishing with Tuna up to 50 lbs. They really had to work at it but it payed off with lots of boats getting their limit. It seems to be on one day and slow the next day slow, very unpredictable but well worth the chance! It should pick up as conditions are improving daily. There are also a few scattered schools of porpoise holding Tuna and the lucky ones to find them are being rewarded with fish up to 50 lbs. They are being found offshore 22 - 30 miles from 190 degrees to 270 degrres off the Cape Rocks. I should get some bettter info maana as a lot of boats took advantage of the calm weather and went hunting offshre today. I also heard that the San Jose boys nailed the Tuna down by the Iman Bank and Ill have better info on my next report. If the commercial boys stay out of here this just may go off! Kinda gettin tired of seeing them on the horizon all the time...

The Marlin fishing is also a slow pick. The tailers were up in the wind the past few days but you really needed good eyes to find them. It seemed everyone had a shot or two at them but they were stubborn biters and really frustrating the fleet. The bait is in thick and those fish are chowing down, and being real fickle on the casted baits. Everyone is using light line and leaders to get them to go and it seems that everyother boat is getting one. Its tough fishing but he who is patient is rewarded for sure.The hot area has been from Cabo Falso all the way down to Chileno about a half mile to 3 miles out. As we head full speed into Spring the fishing should get much better. This is a common transition period and before long we will have these fish out front and down to the 1150 and San Jose. The Pacific sea temps are cooling and the Sea of Cortez warming, just like clockwork Its going to be a great Spring! Oh, and there was a 430 lb. Blue Marlin landed also! You just never know in Cabo!! Anyway conditions are improving, the fish are biting, the weather is absolutely perfect so come on down and lets go bag a fatty! Picudo Sportfishing in Cabo San Lucas!! Yar!!