Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 5/18/15 to 5/25/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
Nice Wahoos being Landed!
What a Turn Around, Marlin Hot!
JC: Sends Apologies to Fish Report Writer ?
Warm and Cold Water in Area: Weird?
Smaller Dorados in Large Schools!
2 Blue Malin Caught: 300lb and 235lb!
250lb Tuna Landed at 1150 Spot?
2 Wahoo Recipes Inside?
HEADLINES: May 25, 2015:
Well, nobody is quite sure what has gotten into JC this past week as he has actually apologized, saying: I went a little overboard this past week and I really dont want to fire you and take away your pensionPension? What Pension JC? Anyway, I told him: I accept his apology and I will continue doing the report and the only reason I am going to continue working with you is: I see you really care about your business and your clientsand you take good care of them!!! I respect you for that JC!!
After his apology JC began to ramble and get sentimental, almost in some foreign tongue I didn't understand!! He said thisyou are the light I am the light, you are a Carp fisherman, I am a Marlin and Billfish guruHe continued: you are nothing, I am somethingyou are weak and I am greatI fish with live bait, lures and ballywhoo, you fish with red worms, grubs and salmon eggs. At that point I had to stop him, and tell him I had a report to write, and then he said: Any further discussions would be under the Cone of Silence. I ran out of his office again!!! Red worms and Salmon Eggs? Excuse me!! Wako
Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: We had really great weather over the last week and we really can't complain. We did have a few showers yesterday and some rain accumulation which we always need. Other than that it has been really nice with sunny day's highs hitting close to 100 degrees s and lows, I expect are dropping into the mid 60,s. The breeze off the Pacifc has been cooling things off pretty good.
WATER: Pretty much the same as last week as far as the water temps go.The water right outside Cabo Harbor is right around 72 to 74 degrees and actually pretty nice. Pacific side up and around the Finger Baja where it was dipping down to 69 degrees is still cold up there and it is like night and day compared to the Pacific side and the Cortez side.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb
BILLFISH: Wow fishing this past week has thrown us for a loop and the Marlin fishing has turned around big time and we are even seeing some Blue Marlin being caught this past week. One of the Blues was 300lbs and the other was 235lbs not to be for this time of year. The 1150 spot and in the area of the 95 had been the hot Marlin areas and live bait and trolling has been enticing them. Actually, most boats have been reporting at least 2 hook ups per charter, which isnt to bad at all.
DORADO: It has been pretty darn good this week with lots of smaller Dorado being landed in some pretty large schools. They have been spotted all over the place over the last week. Everything is really out of wack this year as we shouldnt be seeing to many Dorado right now, but we should be seeing more winter fish like Yellowtail and they havent really even showed up all year. Who knows?
WAHOO: There was a few caught over the week and one really nice one tipping the scales at 110lbs about 2 miles from Cabo Bay up towards Grey Rock. The fish were hitting rapalas, jet heads and live bait.
TUNA: Well, here again we are seeing some decent action this past week and thats great since we havent seen too much lately. We caught like 5 smaller Tuna but there was a 250lb Tuna caught in the same area. We havent seen any Tuna in weeks, so anything right now is good for us.
INSHORE: Most Rooster fish are being caught near the Light House on live bait .A few Groupers and Sheephead in and around the Pedregal Rocks. There are Skip Jacks, Yellow Tail and Sierra on the Pacific side that are there and can be caught close to shore. I mean there is all kinds of fish in this area to catch and its not like we are getting skunked but it has been down compared to normal. All in All the fishing this past week has been hit and miss and we arent knocking them dead.
From The Admirals Kitchen!!
JC,s Wahoo Marinade
Ingredients Nutrition
Servings 4-6 Units US
1⁄2 cup butter, melted
1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 fresh garlic cloves
1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
2 tablespoons cajun seafood seasoning
1 lemon, juice of
6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
lemon wedge (to garnish)

Directions
1. Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with vegie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.
2. Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Pure into a smooth sauce.
3. When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.
4. Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.
JC,s Grilled Wahoo with Tomato Sauce
Total Time:
30 min
Yield:
4 servings
Ingredients
4 wahoo fillets, 6 ounces each (or whatever a good size is)
2 tablespoons canola oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing dish
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 anchovies in oil, patted dry and chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions: Heat the grill to high. Brush both sides of the fillets with canola oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until slightly charred and almost cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, (it will continue cooking in the sauce).

While the fish is grilling, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies and tomatoes and cook until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Add the capers, olives, lemon juice, oregano and parsley and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer the fish to the sauce and let cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ