First,I see 'bankeralwaysfishing' is still kicking out there in Texas. It's been a long time, maybe 10 years, since we fished together when I visited family in New Braunfels.Banker, I'm still chasing bream and catfish over here in the Florida Panhandle. Will be 87 next week.

Anyway, thought I would share this new hook product that is excellent for bream and other small fish. It's a new pattened weedless hook designed to avoid hooking snags and brush. I was able to fish some prototypes recently and was highly impressed with this new hook mousetrap. I'm old fashioned and normally use a 'bream buster' type B n M pole or rod/reel in 10 lb. class. However with this hook I'm fishing with ultra-lite rod/reel and it's a hoot with 2 to 6 lb line. It;s amazing just how well just a worm on hook will cast without any weight, or maybe a BB size split-shot.

Take a look at this video. i know the hook works very well on wood, and I bet it will work 'on those rocky streams and creeks like 'banker' always fishes.

Incidentally, the blue gill and shellcracker (red ear) season has just started over here and great fishing is the order of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSbhCBc7yw&t=306s

Last edited by FishWalton; 04/16/24 06:24 PM.