Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips #10079386 06/21/14 02:38 AM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
LAKE OVIACHIC -
We have been booking trips to this virtually unknown lake for 25 years. It has been the most drive in friendly lake in Mexico for me to meet my customers so they can fish from a 20 ft. Skeeter. I invite you and your partner to come along with me to Oviachic this January through April. The fishing is excellent during these 4 months with 100 Bass per boat and half of those over 5 lbs.

RESERVATIONS:
We will accommodate your group any way possible to get your business in January through April. Here are some examples of arranging a trip.
- You and your partner can make the drive with me from Fort Worth which is a 2 day trip to the lake with 6 days of fishing. We cross the boarder at Nogalas, AZ..
- You may fly into Tuson, AZ. where we will pick you up at the airport and make the 6 hour drive to the lake the next day. You can fish 3 to 6 days your option.
- You may fly into Obregon, Mexico where we will pick you up at the airport and make the short 30 min. drive out to the lake. You also have the option of 3 to 6 days of fishing.
- All fishing equipment is supplied to fly in customers.

TRIP EXPENSES:
Have you ever put a pencil to your expenses encounter on a fishing trip for just one weekend? Do you know what it is costing you to fish two Bass tournaments each month along with the pre-fishing trips?

If you are spending this kind of money each month, just take a break and give me a call. Drop out of the rat race for one month and go with me to Mexico for 3 days to a week of fishing. You will find that your Bass fishing skills and the knowledge you will learn from me during this experience will enhance your tournament winning productivity. You will see first hand how my custom baits and scent out produce the other baits that we will be testing.

Your cost for any of the above options for 2 fisherman is $3,000. This does not include your plane ticket if you so choose to fly in. I can accommodate as many as 10 fisherman in a group for a fly in trip.

CONTACT INFO.:
CELL: 432-553-1874
Email: fishnteacher@gmail.com

BIG BASS LAKE OVIACHIC

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10099043 06/29/14 02:31 AM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
LAKE PICACHOS - Lake El Salto

We are now ready to make these drive in trips also.

Please contact me if interested in these lakes for Jan. through April so I can keep you posted on it's progress. I will be able to provide you and a partner with 6 days of fishing for $3,500 if they don't go up on the launch fee.

Thanks for all the emails on Oviachic. I hope to book just as many for Piachos and El Salto.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 07/09/14 09:08 PM. Reason: add El Salto

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10099371 06/29/14 11:53 AM
P
papamark Offline
Mini Tractor
Mini Tractor
P
Nice looking spinnerbaits, there

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10099506 06/29/14 02:05 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Thanks Papamark. There are none that are better than your 3/4 oz. baits tweaked for Mexico.
Each bait is equipped with:
- one size down big blade.
- Diamond dusted with a white or chartreuse small blade.
- Scented Living Rubber skirts hand tied with copper wire.
- Armed with a Stanley Pro Trailer.
- With the extended shank huge hook.
- Then sprayed down with my MINNOW SCENT.

It just doesn't get any better than that for landing 40 bass per day on these trips.
I am positive they will work on Lake Fork on the deep structure this summer. You will have to let me tweak a couple for you. Let me know what you are thinking and I will be glad to work something out.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 07/31/14 01:37 AM.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10108726 07/03/14 03:11 AM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Hi Don - i need to fly to Obregon so i can meet you there. PM me the dates your going Thanks!

Karios Texas Prison Ministry
http://www.kairostexas.org/
Evil succeeds when good men stand by and do nothing...

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10109232 07/03/14 01:10 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
PM. Sent.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10118371 07/08/14 01:18 AM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Thanks reeltexan for the PM.. I hope the information helps and you get to go.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10119233 07/08/14 01:07 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
More Information:

We have been driving down the West Coast Hwy. 15 which in interstate from Alaska to S. America for 25 years. So it is not our first rodeo. HA... We go for 10 days.
Sample trip for you and a partner:
- Leave Fort Worth early Friday morning and drive to Nogalas, Az.
- Spend the night at Motel 8 and cross the boarder on Sat. morning at 6:00.
- Stop 25 miles in and get travel visas.
- 6 hour drive to town of Obregon. To Mazatlan is a 11 hour drive.
- Fish 6 days out of my Skeeter. You guys get the front of the boat as much as you want each day.
- Leave the following Sat. to return home.
- Spend Sat. night in motel along the way.
- Arrive back in Fort Worth late Sun. Afternoon.

Trip to Lake Oviachic is $3,000 and that is everything except Mex. fishing licenses right down to your water to drink.

I cook breakfast each morning; we take boat snacks and sandwiches out in the boat for lunch. We eat in the restaurant each evening. Food is great; fish, scrimp, steakes, chicken and a few Mex. dishes. We grill stakes on Monday night at our cabin.

Lake El Salto or Picachos is $3,500 and takes care of everything except fishing license.

You will be instructed by email everything to take from tackle to clothes and how to pack.

The best months to go are Jan. through March. April has been very productive also depending on the winter months down there. This year the fish were late and the best months were March and April.

I am only charging you the expenses of the trip. I do not make a dime on these trips. I want to go as bad as you and enjoy taking new guys down there. Then after you get a trip under your belt, there is nothing to it and you may follow us anytime we go and I will make all the arrangement for reservations.

I require the money up front. I do not want to take a lot of cash into Mexico so all our expenses while in Mex. except for gas is wired to their bank. I also have to get our papers to enter Mexico which cost about $500 for the truck and boat. I will be purchasing groceries for the trip which will be somewhere in the neighbor hood of $250. The only money left over will be exchanged into Pecos and used for gas and tips.

Group of 4: It is a wonderful trip but just hard to find customers that can take 10 days out of their life to make this long drive. I can accommodate another team if you have friends that want to go. My partner lives in Odessa, TX. and will take his rig if need be. The more the merrier it makes it a lot of fun to have a little competition each day on the water along with good friends and the good times we will have.

We have lots of customers that want to fly in; but want to fish out of our boats with us. I require two teams or 4 fisherman to do this. I want my partner following me in his rig also. Our expenses are the same. This is the Executive trips, usually corporate. My cost is the same.

Now some customers want to fly in to Tucson, AZ. because they cannot drive to Fort Wort. We pick them up at the airport on Friday evening and drive the rest of the way to the lake on Sat.. The price is the same. Our expenses are the same.

If you research a fly in trip to these lakes you will find that you will save a ton of money to drive down. Not only that but you get 6 days of fishing instead of 3. Those that cannot get off on that Friday then we leave on Sat. but our days on the water are 5 instead of 6.

If you want to fly down and fish with the guides provided at El Salto Lodge; we can do that. My best friend lives down there and will take care of you completely. This is the 3 day and 4 night trip. I will be glad to put you in touch with him for pricing.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10176399 07/30/14 08:51 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY:

Lake Piachos, Oct. 27 to Nov. 5 going to cross at Laredo, TX. to Mazatlan. I have another group going to make the trip. I need two customers to fill my Skeeter.

Lake Oviachic, Jan. 23, 2015 to Feb. 1, with the same group. I need 4 to go on this trip. My partner will be taking his boat also.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 08/08/14 12:41 PM. Reason: change of dates.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10700446 03/17/15 01:17 AM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Feb. 7 -13 Trip to Lake Oviachic produce this 10.2 beauty and a coupel of 9's.

Just got back from March 7 -13.
No huge bass were taken but the quality was sure there with 4 to 8lb. fish all day every day.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 03/20/15 12:42 PM.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #10746040 04/05/15 02:19 AM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Latest Video on Big Bass Fishing Mexico. It doesn't get any better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeO4RPUUWNE&feature=youtu.be

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #11011698 07/31/15 03:12 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Book your Oviachic trips now. Reservations need to be made in Sept. to secure our cabins. If you cannot drive in because of the time factor; you can fly into Obregon's International.

First Trip Planned:
Dec. 26 for 10 days with 6 days of fishing.

Tag a-longs are welcome in Jan. Feb. March and April. I will work these dates at your convenience. My boat will be open for two fisherman to go with me.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Lake Oviachic, Mexico - Trips [Re: Donald Harper] #11463358 03/08/16 05:23 PM
Donald Harper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Another great drive in trip to Lake Oviachic Mexico for 6 days of fishing. We pulled into the compound on Sat. around 3:00 and fished for a couple of hours with two boats in our group for a total of 5 fisherman. We had around 50 that afternoon but did not start using the counters to keep up with the exact numbers until Sunday morning. We had a total of 1,085 Bass on this trip with only a 7.2 being our largest fish.
- Sunday through Tuesday up the main river 15 miles produced lots of 3 to 6 lbs. Bass each day. Most of the big girls had spawn up there leaving lots of smaller mails to protect the beds in the 3 ft. deep water. We found the larger fish off the drops just on the edge of the spawning flats and caught most of our fish on Brush Hogs and 8" Zoom Lizards.
- Wednesday through Friday up the smaller North River 8 miles produced the larger bass which was not there on our January trip. It was a great call putting our daily boat catches around 100 per day with half of those over 5 lbs. each. All of the big Bass came off the drops in the deep trees which made it very difficult to feel the bit with the wind blowing from South to North each day. We lost several big bites that we will never know how big those fish were. Murrydog's 7.2 put on a great show for us on the last day. As he pulled the Brush Hog up from the depths of a 15 ft. deep tree she followed and went air born coming down on the bait and right back down into the tree. The fight was on; but he wins this one.

As always we had great food and accommodations at Marina Del Ray. Each person's room and food bill was only $300 each for the 7 nights. It doesn't get any better than that to go to Mexico to catch Big Bass and lots of them. Anyone is welcome to go on our next trip. My boat is always open to take two fisherman. I promise it will be your best trip ever.
CEll: 432-553-1874

Websiite Sponsors:

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide