The Lake Fork Anglers 13th tournament of 2016 will be Thursday June 23 out of Oak Ridge Marina.

Registration starts at 5:00 AM at Oak Ridge. The tournament starts at 6:00 AM and runs until 12:00 noon. You have until 12:30 PM to bring your score sheets to be scored with payout and "the rest of the story" to follow.

Anglers may go out of any ramp they want too.

Results from June 9:

Well my friends the heat has finally gotten here. About the only comfortable fishing was from 6 AM to about 7:30 PM. But that is also the time frame when a lot of the fish that were caught were caught. Top waters scored pretty big.

1st place went to ME ME ME, The first time in over a year. I had 14.96 on 8 bass with a 6.90 lunker.
We only count the five largest.
2nd place went to Bob Roberts with 6 fish for 13.47 with a 5.96 lunker .
3rd place went to Galen Smith with 3 fish for 13.21 pounds and THE 8.88 lunker.
4th place went to Rick Green with 7 fish for 12.77 and a 5.80 lunker
5th place went to Mark Talley with 5 fish for 12.60 with a 7.16 lunker.
6th place went to Jim DeVore with 9 fish for 10.17 with a 4.35 lunker..

We paid 6 places and had 33 anglers fishing and caught 121 fish and lot of them were quality slots. Only one angler skunked this tournament.

How are those weights even possible. Because we measure and release, and record on a laminated sheet.

Charlie Abresch broke his all time club record lunker with 1.96 and bag with 6.26
Bruce Allen broke his all time club bag with 14.96
Galen Smith broke his all time club lunker with an 8.88 over and a 13.21 bag on 3 bass. WTG.
Mark Talley broke his all time club bag with 12.6 and lunker with a 7.16

Way to goes guys!

The LFA fishes every other Thursday daytime at Lake Fork only. Persons interested in joining or fishing as a guest should e-mail me at sjbasser@aol.com. or PM me on here.

Here is your opportunity to fish with friendly knowledgeable Lake Fork anglers for the cost of a $5 annual dues and a $13 entry fee. Slot fish count. No teams. We are currently at below cap and are looking for a some boaters who will also fill in as co-anglers if needed and we will also accept "guests" who generally get to fish when regular members are away.
Actually none of our guests has sat one out as yet. And we are also looking for co-anglers.

Sometimes Fork is a big question mark. But even though we don't always slay them a few will find them. This week more than a few slayed them

Last edited by Bruce Allen; 06/10/16 12:09 AM.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.