Lake Fork Anglers every other week Thursday daytime tournament for July 13 hot and humid with light winds and (mostly lousy) fishing. Only the five largest count.

Boaters:

First Place Angler went to Bob Roberts of Longview with a 7 fish bag of 14.24 lb anchored by THE 6.4 lunker.
Second place went to Mike McWhorter of Mesquite with 4 fish coming in at 9.31 with a 5.49 lunker.
Third place went to Don Overstreet of Sulphur Springs with 4 fish at 9.06 lb with a 5.49 lunker.
Fourth place went to Charlie Abresch of Hawkins with a 5 fish bag at 5.51 with a 1.82 lunker

Co-Anglers

First place went to John Berech of Garland with a 2 fish bag for 8.48 with THE 7.41 lunker
Second place went to Jackie Price of Alba 3 bass for 3.89 lb with a 1.92 lunker..
Third place went to new member Wes Brown with one bass for 2.36 lb.
Fourth place went to Gene Shoemaker of Lake Fork with one bass for 1.10 lb

Only 1/2 the bass that were caught at the last tournament were caught in this one. It is the July doldrums alright. If I were thing about having a double knee replacement operation I'd do it NOW! (Typed from the rehab unit at the Christus-Mother Frances Hospital in Sulphur Springs.

For info on fishing with the LFA e-mail me at sjbasser@aol.com or PM me on here. We are looking for boaters right now but will take co-anglers who have boats and will fill in in that capacity..
Dues is $5 a year. Tournaments are $12 with an optional $5 lunker pot and an optional $10 big bag pot.
In 2016 the LFA fished 25 times, You have to fish at least 8 to maintain membership. And you have to fish 8 times to be eligible to fish our other two formats: Major league Fishing (known as Hard Core) and the team format known as Faze 4.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.