Forums59
Topics1,037,311
Posts13,926,074
Members144,132
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition #10780569 04/20/15 09:35 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
I would like to show this group my latest release, the RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition.

I use hardened Stainless Steel wire, and has a Compression Ring. The dimensions are:

16" center .062 diameter Hardened Stainless Steel
10 3/4" .051 diameter Stainless for the legs, each with 3 - #3.5 Willow Blades.
In the picture, the Small RonRig is the Double Willow Pro Striper Special 8" RonRig.

As can be seen in the pictures, each end of the wire is turned, and not crimped, adding to the strength of the Rig. I turn each leg on a custom made Professional Wire Form Tool....believe me, I thought .051 wire is hard to turn, but the .062 wire, WOW, so tough I had to design and build my custom Wire Form tool for this heavy strong wire.

I have been asked why do I call it the Texoma Edition? While testing the RonBrella at Lake Texoma, I noticed many of the fish caught hit on the center Leader, which was 14" long. After discussing with some Anglers, and Guides, decided to build the Texoma Edition, no disrespect to other lakes.

It can also be trolled like an umbrella rig, just need to add weight in front of the RonRig. When the arms are extended, the rig is just at 21.5 inches in diameter. You can clip your leaders to the Clevis in the middle. and to the end if you choose.
If your Fishing Club would like additional information, I can visit your meeting and discuss fishing with A Style Umbrella Rigs, Tips and Tricks used by Anglers and Pro's. I have visited a few meetings, and had a blast.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions. I can customize to your liking since they are manufactured in Lewisville, TX. Also until May 1, 2015 at 11:59 pm, TFF members can use the promo code TFF10%OFF for a total discount on your purchase, and I have Inventory on hand ready to ship TODAY. The website is - www.nekidtackle.com

The picture below shows both compressed, so that they can be easily stowed.

Last edited by NekidTackle; 04/20/15 09:38 AM.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Why play with the rest when you can fish with the Best... RonRig !!
Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10783607 04/21/15 11:05 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N

Originally Posted By: NekidTackle
Real Comments from Great Customers!!:
Originally Posted By: brightideasdfw
Got mine in the mail today. They look great and have a much higher quality to them then the one's i've seen in stores. Just one question, how do i use the lure retriever? can't seem to figure it out.

Originally Posted By: topwater1956
Recieved my order of rons rigs and they look great. Very good quality and
a great person to deal with.

Originally Posted By: edwardphoto
Just received my order today. I didn't expect them so soon great customer service, a quality product, really quick fulfillment can't ask for much more. : )

Originally Posted By: stetson
Just picked up my Ron rigs! They look great and great hospitality! Will def order more!

Lots of love coming from TFF'ers!
Originally Posted By: Dpatt
Hands down, the toughest A-rig i've used. All A-rigs will catch fish, but Ron uses quality components, that stands up to the toughest conditions. If you're fishing in heavy timber, this is the rig you need.

Darren Patt

Originally Posted By: Ranger Holly
Ron makes the best A-Rig hands down, with the best parts..I have caught multiple stripers on A-Rigs where the wires pulled out or broke and these ones wont do that. I have bent them out folded them back out time and time again and still havent broke one yet. thumb Turn around is quick and great person to deal with.

Originally Posted By: hardin19
Hands down best rig on the market. I have never had an arm break like other rigs, and it hangs up about a thousand times less than other rigs.

Originally Posted By: Fishn4Deer(PatrickSharp)
Ronrigs have been catching me sandies, hybrids, and even LMB! I perfer the 8" with double willow. Your missing out if your not throwing a ronrig.
Awesome rig, thanks Ron.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10783714 04/21/15 12:18 PM
Fishing Frank Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Good rigs. Keep up the good work Ron.

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10783832 04/21/15 01:10 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Nice!

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: Fishing Frank] #10785846 04/22/15 01:27 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Fishing Frank
Good rigs. Keep up the good work Ron.

Thanks!!! This has been an adventure and a Blessing!

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: kodys'papa] #10785848 04/22/15 01:28 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: kodys'papa
Nice!

Thank you!!
I can't wait to see the lady wearing the RonRig keychains as Ear Rings!

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10791723 04/23/15 10:44 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
I get asked all the time, "Do the wires break on the 2nd or 3rd time I use them, like all of the other A/Umbrella rigs"?

I have shown many people that the legs can be bent multiple times, and have yet Break. Eventually all wire break, but EVERY RonRig I build can be used over and over.

Need Proof? See what Jeff Bobo just posted, he is a Guide and uses RonRig's"

Originally Posted By: jbobo
I was talking to a friend who had purchased a couple of umbrella rigs last week at Academy. He was checking it out after opening the package. He had watched me bend the arms on my RONRIGS and wanted to see if his brand new umbrella rig would bend the same way. He bent the arm up and back down and it broke off in his hand. Never had it in the water. He said "What if I had a tournament winning fish on this thing! It would have cost me the win." I had told him before hand not to buy them, to get RONRIGS instead. All metal will eventually break after a certain amount of use, but RONRIGS are the best and will last a very long time. I bend mine to store them and then open them back out when I'm ready to use them. I have not had an arm break yet. The size wire and type of wire is far superior to the box brands you get at most retail stores. My friend said "Get me some RONRIGS!" I have caught several stripers and sand bass on my RONRIGS. Ron has built some of the best rigs available. Good job, Ron! thumb

Last edited by NekidTackle; 04/24/15 08:51 PM.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10793204 04/24/15 02:49 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Received mine in the mail. Quick shipping and they appear to be high quality. However I've never used umbrella rigs before and I have a question. Mine came compressed, like in your second picture. Do I just bend the wire to open them up for use?

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10794715 04/24/15 11:49 PM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
"Mine came compressed, like in your second picture. Do I just bend the wire to open them up for use?"

There is a ring around the arms that hold them together for storage. Slide the ring up and the arms will spread out some. It is best if you spread them a little more so the blades can turn without hitting the other wires or legs. You can actually spread the arms out at a 90 degree bend and they won't break. You just have to play with it to find what works best for you, the further you spread them the harder they are to reel in. The way the top pics are works better for chunk and wind, or trolling you can spread them even more. You will have more resistance when trolling so it helps to spread them a little more. I hold the rig up close to the top and grab the leg about a 1/2" or so down and pull it up to make a sharp bend. If casting just spread it enough to allow the blades to clear the other legs. When you are through fishing with it, just bend it back down and slide the ring down to hold it compressed to store it or hook it to the hook keeper on the rod. Good luck fish

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10794737 04/24/15 11:54 PM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
If they get a kink or bend in the wire just use a couple of pair of piers and straighten it out. Over time the wire will fatigue and break, but I believe it will be years down the road. We have to keep Ron in business some way. He needs to sell more to fund his fishing habit. grin

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10801840 04/28/15 12:22 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Striper/Hybrid fishing will be heating up...Get your RonRig NOW...
In Stock, Shipping NOW, no delay.
.051 wire, with up to .062, regardless the size all ends are turned, and have a 120lb Stainless Crane Swivel...
Various sizes...
Various blade or no blade configurations
Tired of shopping the rest...get the BEST....Shipped within 48 hrs, usually the next day!!!

Thanks to TFF'ers for such great support, and the promo code is good until May 1, 2010.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10804886 04/29/15 12:26 AM
T
tishkayaker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I ordered a few items from Ron today and anxious to give them a try. I just wanted to say that I, being very inadequate in technology skills, had my USUAL trouble ordering online. In this instance I'm very glad I did because in talking with Ron about my use of his products I received very good advice about what I needed to purchase to best suit my needs. With Ron's guidance I figured out the process. Great shopping experience and am confident I'll be happy with my purchases and will have more purchases in the future. Hats off to Ron.

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: tishkayaker] #10808596 04/30/15 01:45 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: tishkayaker
I ordered a few items from Ron today and anxious to give them a try. I just wanted to say that I, being very inadequate in technology skills, had my USUAL trouble ordering online. In this instance I'm very glad I did because in talking with Ron about my use of his products I received very good advice about what I needed to purchase to best suit my needs. With Ron's guidance I figured out the process. Great shopping experience and am confident I'll be happy with my purchases and will have more purchases in the future. Hats off to Ron.

Hi Earl,
Thanks for your kind words, your package will go out this afternoon. Call anytime you have questions!

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: NekidTackle] #10809030 04/30/15 03:47 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
All- I've been meaning to post this note. We have a club at Ray Hubbard called RHSA. We work with the state to stock hybrids in Hubbard. Ron has donated one of The Texoma rigs for our breakfast fundraiser this Saturday! Thanks Ron. We appreciate the support.

Re: Introducing a New A Style Umbrella Rig - The RonRig Pro Striper Special - Texoma Edition [Re: Fishboy Frank] #10812912 05/02/15 02:49 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Fishboy Frank
All- I've been meaning to post this note. We have a club at Ray Hubbard called RHSA. We work with the state to stock hybrids in Hubbard. Ron has donated one of The Texoma rigs for our breakfast fundraiser this Saturday! Thanks Ron. We appreciate the support.

Thanks Frank!
Ya'll have a great time tomorrow!
Ron

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide