Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Winter's Blessing #12024756 01/06/17 10:10 PM
Stripers Inc. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Anytime of the year can be a great time to come out to Lake Texoma and catch some stripers, but I especially enjoy the winter season, and this winter has started off with some exceptionally good fishing. There is a deeper peace to be felt on the lake in the winter months. The heavy boating traffic of summer fades into an abundance of wildlife as nature reclaims the water. Loons, seagulls, and cormorants take to the skies, assisting fishermen to find the fish while ducks, geese, and eagles add their color and sound to the mix. Its not uncommon to spot a bald eagle or two out on our trips in the winter and if we're lucky, we might even see one catch a fish. Though it can be cold at times, the challenge is rewarding, especially when we come in with a cooler full of fish. There are always nice days to appreciate, if you watch the weather you can plan to be out when it is nice. I'm typically more flexible during this time and last minute trips are easier to accommodate, so if you see a nice day and want to get out on the water, give us a call.

Winter also means we get to enjoy casting lures. Though bait fishing is fun in its own right, I do love some lure fishing. This time of the of the year, we're typically throwing glow sassy shad, fishing under the birds or along structure that holds fish during the winter months. This year, the birds have made it easy for us to find the fish and as a result, the fishing has been really good, the best I have seen since before the flood of 2015. The fish had a really abundant spawn during that flood and have finally grown into a quality size. In the past couple of weeks, we have been getting a good number of larger fish too, in the 5-10 pound range, and filling up all of our over slots on many of our trips. When the fish are not feeding, you will notice that the birds are sitting, this can be a little more of a challenge to find the fish and get them to bite unless you know where to look. In this pattern, I have been finding them scattered along ledges, a little deeper in 40ft or so as of lately. As winter progresses, the fish will become more concentrated in these spots which prove to be reliable locations to find them day after day so if you find one of these spots make sure to mark it on your gps. This way, you can simply drift over the spot where the fish are without disturbing them the next time you come.

With these numbers I'm seeing, we are set up for some good consistent fishing for the foreseeable future so its a good time to start planning your next trip. I operate based on the gift economy, meaning there are no set rates, only a suggested rate based the average for fishing guide services on Lake Texoma. After the trip you are welcome and encouraged to give in return what you feel the trip is worth to you based on your experience. I am always grateful for whatever is given and find there to be a deeper reward in the appreciation of happy clients than the amount of money received. This has been my practice for about 3-4 years now and it has been a true blessing. By focusing on the giving rather than receiving, it has helped to release expectations and find appreciation for whatever each day holds. If you would like to setup a trip or have any questions, feel free to give me a call at (903)815-1609. You can find our more information and book your trip online at www.stripersinc.com Good luck and God bless!

Your Lake Texoma Fishing Guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com
(903)815-1609

Your Lake Texoma Fishing Guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com (Book Online!)
(903)815-1609

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Winter's Blessing [Re: Stripers Inc.] #12024889 01/06/17 11:10 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Very nice write up report and pics , Sir! Very happy to see the big pond producing good fish again cheers

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Winter's Blessing [Re: Stripers Inc.] #12025147 01/07/17 01:34 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nice post and nice fish. Thanks for sharing. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Winter's Blessing [Re: Stripers Inc.] #12028078 01/08/17 10:25 PM
M
MightyMas Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Great mix right there!

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: Winter's Blessing [Re: Stripers Inc.] #12028871 01/09/17 03:45 AM
Piscifunreels Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Nice wrap up

Piscifun Fishing

Discover us on Instagram

Let's get reels wet on the water!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide