Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
July fishing report for Richand Chambers Lake #11708675 07/07/16 01:49 AM
BOB HOLMES GS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
July fishing report – Richland Chambers Lake
Hot and windy boys and girls but we're catching fish.
Its harder fishing when the wind is blowing 20 plus but we're getting it done.
Some mornings along the south Shore line we're spotting schools of fish feeding on top most the fish in these schools seem to be undersized hybrid Striper but there is enough good sand bass in the school to help your box out and they are fun to chunk at for a few minutes.
There's a few big schools of top water fish roaming the open water from Ferguson Point to the Dam if the wind isn't blowing 20mph you have a good chance of seeing them and catching some good fish out of them.
Catching most the sand bass around the woody points or humps in water depths of 15 to 20 ft. Sometimes a little more shallow early and a little deeper later.
Some suspended fish in 20 to 27 or 28ft. of water, these suspended fish like for you to reel the slabs up through them better than if you're jigging for them and once you get into them they are usually pretty good fish.

For the Hybrid Striper this just isn't the year it doesn’t matter if you're using live bait or artificial baits like I use the big Hybrids are very illusive this year and you just can't count on them.
I'm getting my sand bass and giving the big hybrid a try late morning but it's not the same as years past.

If August gets hear and there's been no change on the hybrids than maybe we have to figure something is up. Maybe we lost a bunch going over the dam or maybe we caught the most of them out, but the numbers of 15 inch hybrids are strong so next year should be back to normal on the bigger game fish. The sand bass numbers seem to be holding up even better than last year.

I thank the Bluecat numbers are strong and who knows about the crappie I hardly know anyone trying them, with the lake so full I can't tie up to my regular spots so I'll probably put them on the shelf until the lake drops about 3ft.
If you want to finish the summer out with a good fishing trip give me a call.
I fish seven days a week and have for almost 20 years I know ever spot and ever fish by first name.
Bob Holmes guide service longest running fishing guide on the lake and still the Striper Lake Record Holder.
Bob@texasfishingguide.net www.texasfishingguide.net
214 728 3310
Best regards bob Holmes

Re: July fishing report for Richand Chambers Lake [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #11708734 07/07/16 02:08 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice post! cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide