Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,938
Posts13,955,886
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Ia anybody fishing Lake Palestine for stripers or white bass? #11611540 05/19/16 02:16 AM
W
Wiley Coyote Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
W
Been watching this board for a couple weeks and beginning to see steady increase's in posts and folks catching fish as te lake levels "normal" out...everywhere except at Lk Palestine? Whats that all about?

Looks like RC is about to turn on and both of them are within reach, once I get the boat put back together after the move from Texoma last month..just lookin' for a direction to start with.

My ex neighbors are cryin the blues about all the mud, which is helping my BH not mourn too much for her legendary whoop arse every morning in May off the washed out ramp in front of the old lake house...but she's getting ready to hit ME with that Whoop arse if'n I can't find a place to excercise her casting arm PDQ.
Ron

Older Than Dirt...and trying To STAY That Way
Re: Ia anybody fishing Lake Palestine for stripers or white bass? [Re: Wiley Coyote] #11611630 05/19/16 02:54 AM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I don't fish the lake often. We usually only go there when the wind isn't favorable for Richland Chambers or Cedar Creek. For me Palestine is either all or nothing. It's either a fish every cast or not a single fish all day. Was out there 2 weeks ago and most every point from 155 to the dam was holding some white bass. We caught a few under hybrids but no keepers. I suspect that the keeper hybrids are just now arriving in the main part of the lake, but that's just speculation. I'm not familiar with what the locals call the various points that hold fish but they are easy enough to find on a navionics map.

Be very careful navigating anything north of the 155 bridge. Lots of stumps up there.

If you are half way adept at using your electronics you won't have any trouble finding fish right now. However, that lake can get pretty tough as the water heats up. Wish I could be of more help but thats pretty much all I know about Palestine.

Re: Ia anybody fishing Lake Palestine for stripers or white bass? [Re: Wiley Coyote] #11612023 05/19/16 01:14 PM
W
Wiley Coyote Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
W
TTG...thk's for the response. Gonna be a couple weeks before I can get the boat ready, the move from Texoma has not gone nearly as smoothly as expected and taking far longer to get settled.

Waay back when I was chasin' bass tournaments in the '70's I probably hit more stumps in Lk Palestine than any other lake except T Bend or Millwood.

My saltwater styled Deep V CC has a Carolina flair "No Bow Spray" front end that'll be a real issue in the north end of Palestine I'm sure...but kept us nice and dry on Texoma in the always common on a windy day 3-4'ers....and not as long and hard to handle in tight quarters as the Texoma guide boats.
Ron

Older Than Dirt...and trying To STAY That Way
Re: Ia anybody fishing Lake Palestine for stripers or white bass? [Re: Wiley Coyote] #11612232 05/19/16 02:41 PM
C
Cowboytex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Palestine is my home lake, I try to fish it about twice a week for whites or crappie. Whites on Palestine are pretty easy. They don't always sit still though, they tend to move a lot so you have to chase them around whatever point or structure your on. Or you can sit and they'll usually come back pretty quick. Hybrids are harder to find on Palestine in my experience. We don't have the birds to the extent that other lakes do and I've yet to get into any top water action with hybrids. But if you know what your doing and know how to read your side scan you can find some. I had no luck on Hybrids until a buddy showed me what the small schools looked like on side scan. Still hard to find as I don't believe we have a great population but it will get better soon. The lake is loaded with 14" hybrids that are running with the sandies. Hopefully they won't all get thrown in a cooler with the sand bass and we'll have a good stock in the next few years. There's only a couple spots N of 155 that are worth looking at and are fairly safe to get to stump wise. Most every spot you need is S of 155 and stump free (for the most part. There are some random stumps on the south end) Prolly not much help but that's the little info I have. There are quite a few people that on here that fish Palestine but don't post much info (myself included) Don't let it discourage you, its a good fishing hole most of the time although it can humble you at times.

*Also you will be glad you have that boat when Palestine starts kicking up rollers thumb

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide