Print Thread
Christmas Kayak Fishing Gifts 2015 #11316342 01/01/16 07:00 PM
G
gssterl Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
G
also available on my blog: http://catchmeifyoupaddle.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-kayak-fishing-gifts-2015.html

As usual, my Christmas wish list was mostly composed of kayak fishing accessories. I am more than grateful for my family's appreciation for my hobby. Here is what I got:

Engel Cooler Bag: I have been wanting once since they were released a while back. There are many times that I would rather the soft sided cooler over the hard UC30 that I currently have. The book bag straps and the ability to hold ice just like a hard sided cooler make this thing super versatile. Not only at home on the kayak, this cooler bag is going to accompany us on beach trips, road trips, camping, etc.

Berkley Aluminum Pliers: After going through several cheapo pliers I have had enough. Hopefully these solve that problem. Aluminum base and stainless steel jaws, plus a braid cutter built in. What else do you need in a set a pliers?

Sealskinz Waterproof Gloves: Another item that I have been watching for a while. Frost bitten fingers while trying to fish are the worst. These things are 100% waterproof and windproof and do an ample job at not cutting down your dexterity too much. Plus they work with touch screen devices! Time will tell if they solve all my problems with gloves and cold weather fishing.

Oakley Radar Lock Customs: Pretty obvious gift here. I have been using the same set of Oakley's for the last 5 years, so it was just time for an upgrade. Leave it to my wonderful wife to go all out and get me a custom pair. If you haven't fished with a quality set of sun glasses, I highly recommend you upgrade. Once you do, you will never go back. Oakley is my brand of choice.

Kokatat Hydrus 3L Dry Pants: Tired of cheap stocking foot chest high waders, I decided to ask for a quality pair of dry pants. Two reasons why I asked for a set of dry pants this year. First, I don't wade at all, so I felt there was no need for a pair of chest highs. Two, I hate stocking foot wader made with neoprene. Your feet get soggy and they smell really bad after a days use. The Kokatat pants have waterproof socks built in with a nice pair of ankle cuff that solve that problem.

I can't wait to put these gifts to good use. I will be sure to give them an honest assessment in the future.

Re: Christmas Kayak Fishing Gifts 2015 [Re: gssterl] #11316379 01/01/16 07:27 PM
B
bert Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I have used the sealskinz gloves for years, in the wind once the outside gets a bit wet they can still be a bit under insulated. Try putting a pair of under armour liners under them and you will be good.

Bert

"Ipsa scientia potestas est"-Knowledge in itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

"Beware the lolipop of mediocrity, one lick and you could suck forever" - unknown author
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide