Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Fayette 1-14-16 #11346790 01/15/16 01:48 AM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Well shoot, I found some numbers today, but only a few in the three pound range. The average fish was mid to low two pound range. They pulled ok, but I dont feel like I got my fish addiction taken care of properly.
Fished for 6-1/2 hours and caught 23 in all. I could not find the bigger fish. Found plenty of bait balls, but there wasnt any fish around.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11347122 01/15/16 04:13 AM
J
Josh Ray Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Fayette has been getting a lot of pressure.

joshray00@gmail.com
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11348173 01/15/16 05:55 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
All hot lakes get hit hard this time of the year. The fish are more active.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11349513 01/16/16 04:30 AM
kevine80 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
went today noon to 6 ===same story

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11349992 01/16/16 04:31 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
I'm gonna slow down on my weekly Fayette fishing reports. After a while they get boring to read. Same oh same oh. But I really do enjoy everything this lake has to offer and its everything from my drive there, to my experience on the water. Heck, from my place to this lake, I have three traffic lights and three stop signs, thats it. And from my place to any other lake to fish is at least an hour to three hour drive one way, so I prefer to drive to this lake because its easy and I can catch some fish. An angler does not need great fishing skills to catch fish on this lake at all, almost everything works on this lake. Plus I don't burn up a tank of fuel in my boat while fishing it either. In fact, I think I'm getting somewhere around five to six fishing trips on a tank of fuel while Im out fishing this lake. And I hardly ever let my tank get down below a quarter. Some times I hate that I fish this lake so much, but I cant seem to make myself fish anywhere else. This lake fulfills every aspect of my fishing addiction. I know 23 bass should be something to get all excited about, but 23 smaller fish doesnt cut it on this lake. I expect three and four pound fish to be average most of the time when Im on this lake, so anything less than that is a little disappointing to me because I failed to find a good chew. Oh well, the white bass spawn is about to kick into high gear so Im sure a lot of time will be dedicated towards this, so I really wont have anymore weekly reports to post anyways. But yeah, I get it, its just like a scratched record that keeps repeating itself over and over again. Wonder how many readers have never experienced a scratched record issue? My how times have changed.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11350234 01/16/16 07:47 PM
kevine80 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
now dont do that !
i appreciate the info because im driving 2:15 to get there
i also love this lake --just wishing i had had a better day
i have had some epic days there and that kinda makes me want to much -- a bad day there is better than a good day in a lot of places

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11350300 01/16/16 08:29 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Fishing is supposed to be fun, catching or just looking. If you have lost the fun, maybe it's time to stop fishing?

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11350570 01/16/16 11:13 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
The fun part has not left me yet, I enjoy it all. Something as simple as a flock of Mallards lifting off the water the other day was awesome. Watched four flocks take to the air. Not to mention the buck in the woods snorting at me. I snorted back several times to see his reaction, guess he thought he was invisible, but I had an eye on him. The three does down by the waters edge did nothing but stare at me with this look on their face like, (really). The deal is, I have no clue where these bigger fish have moved to feed. All I could zero in on were smaller fish. This last trip may have been better than the one before if you after the numbers, all I caught on that trip was seven, but at least they were decent fish and they gave me a good fight. I cant remember one fish the other day stripping drag. They may have bent the rod pretty good, but no drag. I like those that try to pull it out of your hands, now you got a good battle going on and something to remember.
I didnt say I was going to quit fishing or even slow down a tad, Im just not going to post every trip I make. Once I get started on catching these white bass, I will hit them almost everyday. Something about ultra light tackle and six pound test line my friend, those whites will bend my pole in the shape of a horse shoe and strip drag like crazy. I can not get enough of it. Even after I limit out I continue to catch and release these fish. But I wont stop fishing until that day comes where my body will no longer allow me to do it. Until then, I intend to keep on catching me some fish.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11351256 01/17/16 09:32 AM
B
Big Lunker Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: fishytx
The fun part has not left me yet, I enjoy it all. Something as simple as a flock of Mallards lifting off the water the other day was awesome. Watched four flocks take to the air. Not to mention the buck in the woods snorting at me. I snorted back several times to see his reaction, guess he thought he was invisible, but I had an eye on him. The three does down by the waters edge did nothing but stare at me with this look on their face like, (really). The deal is, I have no clue where these bigger fish have moved to feed. All I could zero in on were smaller fish. This last trip may have been better than the one before if you after the numbers, all I caught on that trip was seven, but at least they were decent fish and they gave me a good fight. I can’t remember one fish the other day stripping drag. They may have bent the rod pretty good, but no drag. I like those that try to pull it out of your hands, now you got a good battle going on and something to remember.
I didn’t say I was going to quit fishing or even slow down a tad, I’m just not going to post every trip I make. Once I get started on catching these white bass, I will hit them almost everyday. Something about ultra light tackle and six pound test line my friend, those whites will bend my pole in the shape of a horse shoe and strip drag like crazy. I can not get enough of it. Even after I limit out I continue to catch and release these fish. But I wont stop fishing until that day comes where my body will no longer allow me to do it. Until then, I intend to keep on catching me some fish.
I for one appreciate all the information you were kind enough to share with me. Never have fished this lake, but I really am looking forward to our trip in March. Small fish, big fish, or in between, I love catching them. Thank You again. fish

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11351367 01/17/16 02:13 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
And that is what you should do. To me, there is nothing like going out to Lake Wood here at home and catching 50 fish, ranging from 1/2 pound to maybe 2 pounds. That is easy to do here. I fish to get out in nature, and catching fish really is not a requirement. I used to fish Fayette a couple of time a week. But due to the over abundance of rude fishermen and boaters, I found Fayette to be lacking in fun. I never fished weekends due to the boats. Yes, I could catch 20-25 fish a day some good ones but mostly cookie cutter two pounders. And I was happy to share the wealth. But it got to where when I was on a few fish, and I offered to let a guy pull up beside me, most of the time they would pull right up on top of the fish and turn them off. I could write volumes about wake boats and skiers.
But fishing is fun, make the most of it.

Doug...remember a lot of guys are not as successful as you are on Fayette, you are doing them good by posting your reports. And if you help one dad take his son or daughter fishing and they catch a few fish because you gave them a report and maybe a tip, you have had a great day.

Remember the fun at the Bass Fishing World tourneys at Fayette. I wish they were still happening.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11352402 01/18/16 01:38 AM
Kevin D. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Hey Fishytx, I sent you a PM.

Kevin D.

Every day above ground is a good day... A day on the water; even better.
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11352991 01/18/16 01:40 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
And I replied with good info.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11353039 01/18/16 02:01 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
The anglers on this body of water do not bother me. They can come fish beside me if they want. I guess I've gotten use to this. I can't tell you how many times I've gone right behind a boat down a shore line and picked up a bunch of fish. The boat traffic doesn't seem to bother these fish, it's just the norm to them. I have been out there when there were so many boats, that I could have stepped from boat to theirs with out getting wet. It's all good. It use to bother me, but not now. Life is too short to get upset over what others do. Now if I were fishing in a tournament, that would be a different story. I would prefer that they gave me my space. It's the right thing to do, but for the most, it doesn't bother me on the small hot lakes, it's just what it is.

I thought everyone caught fish on this lake, how can one not. Heck, it's an over stocked big tank full of fish. Trust your graphs and move around till you find a few. But don't ask me where the bigger guys have gone to feed, I have yet to find them. I have given this some thought and I think I know where to go on my next trip though, time will tell. Why I didn't fish this area on my last trip I don't know, But I was so far off my A game it wasn't even funy.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11353725 01/18/16 07:23 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
That's a good attitude about Fayette... Its usually crowded this time of year and hard to not make someone mad. I also don't mind some coming up to me and fishing. Think its a good lake to learn how to fish next to others and communicate.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11355781 01/19/16 05:03 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Every now and then you will run into that one guy who thinks a cove belongs to him and he will address his concerns with an attitude. Its these types of folks that get under my skin. In fact, it can almost ruin my day. But I have found it to be much easier on myself to just say something nice back and move on. But boy howdy, I use to not handle disrespect from a stranger very well and it would completely destroy my day. I was ready to take on the whole boat load if needed. Then one day I came to my sensuous and said nope, I will never again allow someone to make me that mad and mess up my day again. This lake has so many areas to fish, just move to another and enjoy the day. The part that got me the most is I really didnt feel like I was that close intruding upon their space. I believe in giving an angler his space. But some times when you have traveled across the lake to fish an area and someone is there; you will stop and fish it a little. I look to see what direction they are going and then fall in some distance behind them where they have already fished. I for one would never cut an angler off. But maybe they were working this area back and forth so I am cutting them off. Thats why I now bite my tongue and reply back in a nice way and then move on. But still, its how someone address you that matters. There is a nice way to address this issue and then there is that real jerk way. Im sure almost all of you have run into the JERK Im talking about. Just flat out rude. And yes, it takes everything you have within yourself to stay calm, I know, I have been there done that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide