LOWRANCE® ANGLER CLAIMS TITLE OF FLW ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Matt Becker Comes From Behind to Win the Trophy

Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957, took the podium again this weekend as Lowrance professional angler Matt Becker was named 2018 Fishing League Worldwide (FLW) Rookie of the Year at the final FLW Tour stop at Lake St. Clair, Michigan. Becker finished the event with a four-day total weight of 56 pounds, 6 ounces.

The Finleyville, Pennsylvania native entered the event 73 points behind Sheldon Collings of Grove, Oklahoma, in the Rookie of the Year race. While both pros got off to great starts, Becker, followed up his 20 pound, 8 ounce bag on Day 1 with a 19-11 haul on Day 2 to overtake Collings.

“My Lowrance HDS Carbon 12's were a huge key to my success this year,” said Becker. “I relied on them every single day on the water from locating the bait, bass, and structure, as well as navigating the body of water. The many features on the Carbons helped me keep my waypoints and trails organized, which lets me stay focused on catching bass!“

“We congratulate Matt Becker on his well-deserved Rookie of the Year honor,” said Leif Ottosson, CEO, Navico. “We are proud to produce products that help anglers from all levels find more fish.”

For more information on Lowrance and its tournament-winning fishfinding technology, including the award-winning HDS Carbon please visit www.lowrance.com.