Print Thread
North Texas Team & Wichita Falls Tournament Trails #12596617 01/26/18 06:56 PM
J
JJHunts Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Man, saw a bummer of a deal yesterday. Our lakes in NW TX are finally starting to fish well. That said their is a trail that came back to life last year since we had water. Turn-outs good, lakes good, going into 2nd year and a great schedule another guy just tried to play the ME TOO game. Tried to use the same dates to exploit the same lakes. That said, there is no reason everyone can't play in the same sand-box. It would be nice to have another team trail up here. Just looks like an egotistical to play to split the field. And the new one promised to post schedule, rules after the 1st of the year. He waited for the bell-wether to drop his out with no rules and half of the schedule handwritten 2 days ago. It's just bad business for our tournament fishing here with such a small fishing community.

It's a shame.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: North Texas Team & Wichita Falls Tournament Trails [Re: JJHunts] #12596819 01/26/18 09:44 PM
KHumpert Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The guy supposedly playing the "me too" game ran a club in this area for many years until the drought hit. The way I heard it was he had requests from more than a few people to get his old club back going. He had a pretty dedicated following back in the day, so I guess time will tell what his turnout will be. As far as the schedule only being out for 2 days, and there being no rules, that is inaccurate. I saw the comprehensive rules and the schedule (none of which hand written) about 3 weeks ago or better. I did also see there were 3 dates stacked, but its not my job to speculate as to why this was done. There's some differences in the schedules, rules, and payouts though, so you just have to pick which one works best for you and go with it. NTTT fishes 7 tourneys total with one tourney a month until August or whenever the championship is, and WFTTT fishes 9 tourneys total with 2 tourneys falling in the same month a couple times and it wraps up in June (or maybe July depending on the championship date).

As far as the payouts

WFTTT-
Team or individual entry fee is $160 with $20 of that going to the big bass pot. There will be a one time registration fee of $25 per team or per individual, payable at the first tournament.
90% payback on all entry fees with a 100% payback for big bass. 5% of all entries go to the championship. (No mention if membership fee is paid out or not)

NTTT-
The Club membership is $50 per team per year.
Tournament fees are $150 per boat per day. $20 goes to big bass and $10 goes to the championship pot. (I was told 100% payback but will verify)
There will be no money left in the treasury after the championship tournament. All membership fees will be included in the championship pot.

All in all, you just gotta figure out which one works best for you. I've fished with both and they are both ran well. I'm not here to persuade anyone to pick one club or the other, but rather to clear up a few inaccuracies mentioned above. If your interested in seeing the full rules of the NTTT, I can email them to you if you DM me since I have a copy. WFTTT's is posted on their facebook page.

Re: North Texas Team & Wichita Falls Tournament Trails [Re: JJHunts] #12596959 01/26/18 11:08 PM
J
JJHunts Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Thanks for clarifying, one may or may not speculate. As you said one should figure out what's best. How many teams do you think there are in the area and how do you think it will effect turnouts? The one you mentioned with the long following also made comment last year that he was going to put on a trail and have the dates put on his Facebook toward the EOY. Why would you wait to handwrite the rules, stack the dates the same and make comments in the community that you wanted to do that intentionally? Our plan was to try and fish both. Now I see how it was structured and seems very black and white to me.

My point is also this, ABA, Christians, WFTT all figured out how to not book the same dates. Why can't one play in the same sandbox. Time will tell which one works and which one doesn't. My bet is both suffer dearly because of a pissing match.

Please PM me the North Texas Rules I would sincerely appreciate it.

Re: North Texas Team & Wichita Falls Tournament Trails [Re: JJHunts] #12597139 01/27/18 01:29 AM
S
Squirrely Dan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
The new ones gonna draw more teams. Too many issues with the other. I didnt fish it but heard enough from the guys that did.

Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: North Texas Team & Wichita Falls Tournament Trails [Re: JJHunts] #12597178 01/27/18 01:54 AM
J
JJHunts Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Rick, I fished a handful and thought they were well ran. I got to see the schedule they passed out at the local club for the " new one" & it looked like a joke to me. I can save embarrassment from the pic not being here. I wish the "North Texas Trail founder would jump out here & state his case. He knows what he told a lot of local fishermen. Not the way you handle yourself. I won't mention his name as I don't want to effect his lively hood. He sales a lot on this forum and I don't want to bad mouth anyone. I'm done posting on this deal, rant over.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide