Can you believe all the rain we are getting in the middle of August? Normally, the lake is several feet low in August. Today, it is 6 inches over full! Fortunately, the rain has cooled down the lake and the fishing has drastically improved. When the water temps were 90 and above, fishing was poor. But once it got down to the mid 80s and below, the night fishing really improved. I had some clients that I took out for their first night fishing trip on Fork last month when the overnight water temps were 92 degrees and we had the dreaded east wind. The fishing was so poor (after about 8 hours of fishing) that I talked them into coming back for a 1/2 night so we could "finish" our trip on a more positive note. We went out after the last good rain and water temps were 8 to 10 degrees cooler. This time, the same guys hit most of the same spots with the same lures - only this time they caught a good number of quality fish. See video at https://www.facebook.com/lakeforkfishingguide Sometimes, the best thing to do is come back when the fishing is better.
The last few trips, we started at dark and finished before sunup. So I don't have a daytime fishing report. Our best baits have been Finch Nasty jigs, big worms, crawworms, and swimbaits. Best depth has been 7 to 10 feet.

I mentioned in my last report that we have a family business doing various computer work. We are in need of additional work to finance college and orthodontics for 2 kids. We specialize in programming websites with databases (PHP, Coldfusion, ASP.net, MSSQL, MYSQL, JQUERY, CSS, C#, AJAX, Bootstrap), but we can do just about anything you need. Whether you need a new website, or you just need to update your current website to integrate with social media and look good on all devices - we can do it. We can do Photoshop graphic work (logos, brochures, business cards, etc.) - or we can even take your Gopro footage and put together video clips. We have low overhead and no beaurocracy. So, we can often finish a project in the time it takes to get most projects started - at a much lower price. Contact whitefamilyservices.com at 214-549-4644 and let us enhance your business.

If you would like to book a trip, you can see my schedule and book your trip online at http://www.bassfishing.org/go

I try to post pictures to my Facebook page every trip. So keeping up with that page is a much better report than what I can do in front of my computer at home. If you follow my Facebook page (actually, the Facebook term is "like"), you can get my posts without delay. I often post pictures the day we catch them. So if you see several big fish in the same day, you can rest assured the fishing is good then. If you wait until I post a fishing report, you can be sure that it has slowed down enough for me to leave the lake. Go to www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide and click the "like" option to get the posts. Go to any page on www.bassfishing.org and you will find the feed.

Be sure to "like" the page so you can get the information as soon as it gets posted.

If you would like to receive my fishing report notifications by email, go to www.bassfishing.org/dbaccess/fishingreportrequests.cfm
All you need is your name and email address. If you are receiving reports by email and wish to discontinue receiving them, simply go to www.bassfishing.org/reports/unsubscribe.cfm

Good fishing and good luck. You can't catch them if you don't go.