texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,007
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,485
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,874
Posts13,954,600
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Thanks Brad Smith Guide Service #12252739 05/19/17 03:31 AM
Z
Zach Huffstutler Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
Z
Was pre fishing today at Fork for a small club tournament next week. While idling up to a hump from one side I noticed a boat pulling into the same place from the other side. It was not a guide boat the I recognized, but had three guys in it. I stayed out deeper for a few minutes and realized it had to be a guide. At that point I left to check another place.
4 hours later and a couple miles up the lake I was fishing another hump. As I'm reeling in a sand bass a boat comes off plane and starts idling straight at me. I started to think this yahoo is going to stop and fish right next to me. However, to my surprise it was the guide from earlier in the day. He said "Do you remembering seeing me on that spot earlier? He told me "you need to be there at 4pm and throwing a jig." Then he drove off, not having a clue who he was.
It was 2:45 and I had to be off the water at 4. On top of that I could count the number of fish I have caught on a jig on one hand in the last 25 year. After 5 minutes of wondering why he would stop and tell us that I told my dad let's go check it out.
We get back to the spot and tie on a jig with 45 minutes left to fish. On my dad's first cast he catches a small fish. Minutes later I catch a 7.23 over! With 2 minutes left I catch a 6.15.
Driving back to the ramp I was wishing I knew who it was so I could thank him. As I pull out of the parking lot a truck and boat go by that looked like his. He just so happened to pull into Diamond Sports Marine, so I swing in behind him. Ask if he was the guy that told me to go fish that hump because I needed to Thank him.
Found out his name is Brad Smith and guides on Fork. He was actually leaving to be a boat captain for high school tournament this weekend. He was excited to know that I caught some good fish.
One of the coolest and selfless acts that I've experienced on the water. If you are looking for a guide I would not hesitate to call Brad. He knows when and where to be for sure.

Thanks again Brad!

Brad's Guide Service
903-746-2732

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thanks Brad Smith Guide Service [Re: Zach Huffstutler] #12252906 05/19/17 12:36 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted By: Zach Huffstutler
Was pre fishing today at Fork for a small club tournament next week. While idling up to a hump from one side I noticed a boat pulling into the same place from the other side. It was not a guide boat the I recognized, but had three guys in it. I stayed out deeper for a few minutes and realized it had to be a guide. At that point I left to check another place.
4 hours later and a couple miles up the lake I was fishing another hump. As I'm reeling in a sand bass a boat comes off plane and starts idling straight at me. I started to think this yahoo is going to stop and fish right next to me. However, to my surprise it was the guide from earlier in the day. He said "Do you remembering seeing me on that spot earlier? He told me "you need to be there at 4pm and throwing a jig." Then he drove off, not having a clue who he was.
It was 2:45 and I had to be off the water at 4. On top of that I could count the number of fish I have caught on a jig on one hand in the last 25 year. After 5 minutes of wondering why he would stop and tell us that I told my dad let's go check it out.
We get back to the spot and tie on a jig with 45 minutes left to fish. On my dad's first cast he catches a small fish. Minutes later I catch a 7.23 over! With 2 minutes left I catch a 6.15.
Driving back to the ramp I was wishing I knew who it was so I could thank him. As I pull out of the parking lot a truck and boat go by that looked like his. He just so happened to pull into Diamond Sports Marine, so I swing in behind him. Ask if he was the guy that told me to go fish that hump because I needed to Thank him.
Found out his name is Brad Smith and guides on Fork. He was actually leaving to be a boat captain for high school tournament this weekend. He was excited to know that I caught some good fish.
One of the coolest and selfless acts that I've experienced on the water. If you are looking for a guide I would not hesitate to call Brad. He knows when and where to be for sure.

Thanks again Brad!

Brad's Guide Service
903-746-2732

Brad is a great guy, have gone out with him a few times after buying my current boat from him. Has always put me on fish

John Miller
Re: Thanks Brad Smith Guide Service [Re: Zach Huffstutler] #12254964 05/20/17 11:11 PM
B
big mike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Brad is a great guide and even better person.

Re: Thanks Brad Smith Guide Service [Re: Zach Huffstutler] #12255602 05/21/17 03:05 PM
west tex angler Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
That ls good information to know. There is a whole lot of BS in the guide industry, it's nice to know that there is honesty in some of them. I have met a few like that, but not many

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Thanks Brad Smith Guide Service [Re: Zach Huffstutler] #12256489 05/22/17 03:57 AM
T
Tony Maynard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I boat captain as well and have known Brad several yrs and you are right he is a really great guy. I can always holler at him if I ever have a question and he always gives me straight honest feedback. He's quite the fisherman as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide