Page 1 of 2 1 2
All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... #12210120 04/21/17 04:05 PM
M
milkfisher Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M
Some like em' some hate em', I get that. Don't we have a pics and video section? Why can't all of them be posted in the appropriate section? That way, if somebody wants to watch terrible videos they know exactly where to go?

www.BlastandCast.org
"Pointing Outdoorsman Towards The Cross"
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210122 04/21/17 04:07 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
If somebody doesn't want to watch terrible videos they can not click on them.

However, I 100% agree with you. And this thread probably won't go well, so IBTL.

“The more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.†- Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210123 04/21/17 04:07 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I give it 2-3 min tops..

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210150 04/21/17 04:28 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: milkfisher
Some like em' some hate em', I get that. Don't we have a pics and video section? Why can't all of them be posted in the appropriate section? That way, if somebody wants to watch terrible videos they know exactly where to go?

As of now in the Videos and picture section it states:

Please continue to post photos and videos in other forums as well.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210158 04/21/17 04:33 PM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Can't watch them anyway unless there is a LINK. Chrome no longer supports Microsoft on my old outdated computer.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210169 04/21/17 04:40 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
It's gotten so out of hand its not even funny. I live in Castle Hills in Lewisville, and it has a few larger ponds in it. Its where I normally go when Im home and either test out baits, reels, etc. I have noticed an upswing in younger anglers. (Which I think is awesome, and honestly have no problem with) But a few days ago I was out there and 3 of them had gopros strapped to their chest. Again, no big deal. But 2 of them got over by me and were the 2 biggest disrespectful douchbags Ive ever seen. They even tried to be funny with me cause I had my red drop shot rod in my hand and I just laughed at them. Im all about getting kids into fishing. But a lot of these guys doing these are absolute tools doing them, and don't have a clue about what they are doing, much less trying to teach.

Since all this swing of videos have started, I actually watched several of Lunkers, Rackleys, and Scott Martins videos, along with a few others like Flair, and whoever.

My take is this....and this is only my opinion. Half of these guys, Lunkers included, are an absolute joke. They jump in with guides and film, and act like they accomplished something. As far as Rackley and Scott, Ive lost a lot of respect for both of them. Both are very quality anglers with a lot of accomplishments. That I still respect. But their videos are making them look like complete "Novice" idiots. And they are not. They are both pretty damn good anglers.

If this is the way this sport is going, fine. I hope not. Most of us that compete or fish for fun didn't learn from Novices making videos. I learned from my Dad, my Grandfather. People like that. And Ive been fortunate enough to be coached by some good ones in this industry when it comes to tournament fishing, sponsors, etc.

I know they are filming doing what they love, and that's all good. But come on guys, film it, watch it, keep for your enjoyment. I think its pretty well noted that only about 5% of people on this site like the videos. And most of them are more concerned with post count than your video.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210179 04/21/17 04:47 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
If you don't like them, don't click on them LOL. Its really not rocket science.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210185 04/21/17 04:53 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: Sinkey] #12210187 04/21/17 04:55 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
It's gotten so out of hand its not even funny. I live in Castle Hills in Lewisville, and it has a few larger ponds in it. Its where I normally go when Im home and either test out baits, reels, etc. I have noticed an upswing in younger anglers. (Which I think is awesome, and honestly have no problem with) But a few days ago I was out there and 3 of them had gopros strapped to their chest. Again, no big deal. But 2 of them got over by me and were the 2 biggest disrespectful douchbags Ive ever seen. They even tried to be funny with me cause I had my red drop shot rod in my hand and I just laughed at them. Im all about getting kids into fishing. But a lot of these guys doing these are absolute tools doing them, and don't have a clue about what they are doing, much less trying to teach.
Since all this swing of videos have started, I actually watched several of Lunkers, Rackleys, and Scott Martins videos, along with a few others like Flair, and whoever.
My take is this....and this is only my opinion. Half of these guys, Lunkers included, are an absolute joke. They jump in with guides and film, and act like they accomplished something. As far as Rackley and Scott, Ive lost a lot of respect for both of them. Both are very quality anglers with a lot of accomplishments. That I still respect. But their videos are making them look like complete "Novice" idiots. And they are not. They are both pretty damn good anglers.
If this is the way this sport is going, fine. I hope not. Most of us that compete or fish for fun didn't learn from Novices making videos. I learned from my Dad, my Grandfather. People like that. And Ive been fortunate enough to be coached by some good ones in this industry when it comes to tournament fishing, sponsors, etc.
I know they are filming doing what they love, and that's all good. But come on guys, film it, watch it, keep for your enjoyment. I think its pretty well noted that only about 5% of people on this site like the videos. And most of them are more concerened with post count than your video.

Well said my friend. I am surprised that is the first time you have had that happen at those awesome ponds by your house. I haven't seen any of Rackley's recent videos but your comments on his shocked me because I loved some of his old stuff, especially some of those on Fork. Guess something changed or maybe we are just getting too old and have become the old fuddy-duddies in our mid 40's.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: Sinkey] #12210191 04/21/17 05:00 PM
C
ChubbyChaser Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
I know they are filming doing what they love, and that's all good. But come on guys, film it, watch it, keep for your enjoyment. I think its pretty well noted that only about 5% of people on this site like the videos. And most of them are more concerened with post count than your video.

What exactly does Rackley and Martin do that makes them look like novices? just curious....

For most of the bigger name youtubers, this is how they make a living. The more views they get the more money youtube pays them. To get more views they need to make interesting content or click bait. So that's why you see them making the stuff that they do. Originally they probably made vids to help out/teach but it turned into a source of income.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210198 04/21/17 05:07 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Chubby,
It's like their videos are more about "entertainment" rather than fishing now. But that's my opinion bud. Not trying to say, they are right, wrong, or anything like that.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: milkfisher] #12210199 04/21/17 05:07 PM
R
RedRaiders Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Regardless of your opinion of the videos, these guys are able to quit their desk jobs and fish for a living. If given the chance, I am sure we would all take it, and for that reason it is hard to judge any of them.

But yes, the videos should be in their own sub-thread, they are really starting to clutter up some of the other sub-threads.

Last edited by RedRaiders; 04/21/17 05:07 PM.
Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: RedRaiders] #12210201 04/21/17 05:09 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted By: RedRaiders
Regardless of your opinion of the videos, these guys are able to quit their desk jobs and fish for a living. If given the chance, I am sure we would all take it, and for the reason it is hard to judge any of them.

But yes, the videos should be in their own sub-thread, they are really starting to clutter up some of the other sub-threads.

I would not. I'd rather have my normal job. I really think this is a fad, and will fade out over time, and they will have to get normal jobs like most of us.

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: RedRaiders] #12210207 04/21/17 05:13 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Regardless of your opinion of the videos, these guys are able to quit their desk jobs and fish for a living.

There isn't much money trying to earn a living off a hobby.

How much do you think they are making?

Re: All the YouTube videos that are being posted.... [Re: RedRaiders] #12210210 04/21/17 05:17 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Regardless of your opinion of the videos, these guys are able to quit their desk jobs and fish for a living. If given the chance, I am sure we would all take it, and for that reason it is hard to judge any of them.

No way in the world would I want to fish for a living. VERY few make what I consider good money and the travel, etc of the job would be brutal long term. Fishing is a hobby that I enjoy that gives me peace....even tournament fishing which i take very seriously is still just about having fun. These Tubers are probably great people just trying to find a way to make a living which is probably difficult since most of this generation doesn't have the first clue of what real work is.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide