Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bass boat service departments !!!! #11472147 03/12/16 01:33 AM
T
tonytiger Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
If I had a dollar for each time I've taken my boat in for service and got crappy service .I would own another new boat .Why is it when they sell u a boat for $54.000 they don't tell you there service dept don't give a [censored] about fixing your boat .so don't even bring it in for service .they never called me been there all week no call .Oh I called Wednesday said parts ordered no completion time or kiss my [censored] or nothing .oh well lesson learned N O I'm not mentioning any dealers names

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472201 03/12/16 01:55 AM
A
andy52887 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
It is the same in NW Louisiana. If a kid out of high school would learn outboards the could make a fortune if they played their cards right.

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472210 03/12/16 02:01 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I agree with your assessment by 100%. I finally got to personally know one of the local dealers and they treat me right, now. I struggled with it for a long time. I guess it's more like sell with no service behind it. Unfortunately, most all of them are the same way. They could at least fake like they're happy to see you when you plan to spend $600 for a tune-up job with them.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472278 03/12/16 02:34 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
Go see Tommy Yetts at Rockwall Marine.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472299 03/12/16 02:43 AM
C
ChrisR Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Yep go see the boys at Rockwall Marine...I live in McKinney and take it there..Long trip but it pays
In the long run to have these guys work on your boat

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #11472356 03/12/16 03:04 AM
5Redman8 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
Go see Tommy Yetts at Rockwall Marine.

This is true!!!!

Years and years ago I took my admittedly crappy boat to Rockwall Marine for an issue. I remember being embarrassed to pull my boat up right next to all the nice ones there.

But what I remember even more is the fact that Tommy himself took the time to meet with me and to explain what needed to be done. No rush...no hard sale....just absolutely honest and down to earth. He made me feel as important as anyone that bought their boat from him.

He earned my business for each boat since and for any future boats as well.

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472455 03/12/16 03:55 AM
B
Baszin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Agree with the guys above, took mine out there last year for a repair.....Strait forward old school business. Tell you whats wrong and fix it. Met Tommy as well, good people will take my boat back if anything is ever needing repair or tuned

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472519 03/12/16 04:35 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I think the point is how long it takes to get a boat or motor repaired and I agree. No one would put up with his car being in the shop for 2-4 weeks. The waiting 10 days to three weeks for parts to come in story wouldn't fly, either. Any shop that tried it would go out of business. For the hourly rates they charge for service you would think they would hire more mechanics.

Last edited by Razorback; 03/12/16 04:36 AM.
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472544 03/12/16 04:53 AM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Yes there is good and bad service. I would like to state a few different things.

1. All of our techs are straight commission. Trust me they are turning wrenches.
2. Parts can be complicated but usually that's a 4 day wait. Getting them to look at a boat can be a 2 day. And getting time to repair can be also a 2 day.
3. Parts departments can not stock everything. If you only move 2 water pumps yearly. You can not justify keeping that part in stock. Circumstances can very on stocking rules.
4. Boats are seasonal. Our outboard guys assemble Atv/utv and dirt bikes during the off seasons. We do not want to hire techs and have them leaving when they get slow.

There is no perfect answer to this.

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472546 03/12/16 04:53 AM
T
tonytiger Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
How true that is I deal with people's thirty and forty thousand dollar cars and trucks every day and if treated them the way my dealer treats me I would be out of business .if I ever am blessed by God to buy an other new boat it won't be from them splat

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472579 03/12/16 05:33 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I had a local dealership keep my boat for about six weeks for a lower unit job a few years ago. Finally I got sick of the "we're waiting on parts, and you know Yamaha is in Japan" excuses. I said, "I know where Japan is. Are the parts coming by row boat?"

I called the shop's home office and told them what was going on. The guy there said something didn't sound right and that he would check on it and call me back. An hour or so later he called and said my parts would be at the shop in the morning. I wonder if they would have been there in the morning if I hadn't bypassed the guys at the shop and gone over their heads.

Not long after that I asked the shop to send in my GPS/sonar unit to Lowrance for repairs. Same deal...six weeks later I still don't have the unit back and the guy in the office keeps telling me that the delay is at Lowrance. I called Lowrance and they said they didn't know anything about it. Finally I called the girl in the shop office and asked for the UPS tracking number. When I called UPS and gave them the number I found out my unit had only been boxed up and picked up the day before. The guy in the shop had been telling me all kinds of stories about what Lowrance was telling him about why they were so slow fixing my unit when really it had been sitting in his office for six weeks.

Needless to say I quit doing business with them after that.

The shop I started using after that was at least honest, but the last time I took my boat in they told me it would be 3-4 weeks before they could even look at it...so I fired them, too.

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472600 03/12/16 06:22 AM
M
Mo_Cat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Bought new rig in 2012. Few minor things needed attention in the following year. Very anal about my rig. Every time I took it to dealer it was detailed and covered. Repair storage lot was gravel with mud holes. Every time I picked up my rig, the tires were muddy. Cats and raccoons had walked in the mud holes and tracked muddy footprints all over my trailer, fenders and cover. Service dept was OK, but if I take my rig in clean, I want the SOB back clean. Probably gonna buy another next year. Not from him!!!!! mad

Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472635 03/12/16 09:18 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
It's hard to find good service, I bought my last rig from a dealer that is no longer in business and I can't help but wonder with the service I got from them; if they treated all their customers like they treated me, if poor customer service isn't what took them out. I wound up using Eagle Marine out of Greenville and had excellent service from them. They are no longer in Greenville as far as I know and I often wondered what became of them......

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472664 03/12/16 11:20 AM
J
Jerry Brown Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I know a ton of people that have had great service through Rockwall Marine.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. Just got my boat back yesterday. Had been there for over 6 weeks for a tune up, replace a hose and thermostat. Was supposed to receive a call with an estimate within a week. Finally I called for the 3rd time four weeks later and got the estimate. This was on a Monday. Guy said they would have it done by Friday. Friday afternoon I call and told they would call me back. Never called back. Weekend came and went so I thought surely they would call me on Monday. I called them back on Wednesday and was told they would hopefully have it fixed by this weekend but that I needed to call them back on Friday. Called Friday morning and was asked to call back at three. Called at 3 and they said it might be done today. Told them I would be there at 5 to pick it up. It was ready finally. Through this whole ordeal, the only time I got a call back was when I talked to Sylvia and explained my frustration.

Once again, I'm sure Tommy and John and the whole gang are great people but this experience was not pleasant and not how a customer should be treated.

I dont exaggerateI just remember BIG !!!

www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
Re: Bass boat service departments !!!! [Re: tonytiger] #11472692 03/12/16 12:12 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Wow, I thought it was just dealers around here! I've only been to one that had good service without buying a new boat from them. Blew the lower on my dad's boat so took it in. They called a day or two later and said they could replace all the internals or for about the same price get a whole new lower. Even let my buddy go have them show him all the busted up stuff without an issue. It was about a week later I had it back, new lower and all service up to date. First and last good experience so far. I do everything I possibly can myself now. They aren't that hard to work on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide