Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" #11627665 05/26/16 02:23 PM
K
kellisag Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
K

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627683 05/26/16 02:32 PM
T
Troutnout Offline
Angler
Angler
T
That is the exact reason the sport will die. I cant imagine why BASS would publish that article. What the PROS do not understand is... 1. Its public water. 2. Its the everyday fisherman that makes it possible for them to be sponsored and fish daily for a living. Ike might want to take KVDs lead and be a ambassador for the sport. The problem is that too many have the same Clownish ideas as Ike. I have met almost every pro out, and can say if they would take a humble approach like a Todd Faircloth, then maybe things would go better. I for one do not follow these guys on the water, but I have heard stories of how these Pros act on the water just as what he just stated. It goes both ways... Remember this simple statement. Without the everyday fisherman, Ike would be sitting at home working a 9 to 5. No everyday guy... No sponsor money.... To Ike, enjoy all your free stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Wannabe
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627686 05/26/16 02:32 PM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
He is definitely telling it like it is. Some guys on the lake do not know the meaning of courtesy or ethics.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a look at the American Indian".

Henry Ford
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627702 05/26/16 02:38 PM
F
furim2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Really?
Seems I remember something on the Forum:
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...BC#Post11618047

Last edited by furim2; 05/26/16 02:40 PM.
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: Troutnout] #11627712 05/26/16 02:41 PM
H
Hobbs McAvoy Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted By: Troutnout
That is the exact reason the sport will die. I cant imagine why BASS would publish that article. What the PROS do not understand is... 1. Its public water. 2. Its the everyday fisherman that makes it possible for them to be sponsored and fish daily for a living. Ike might want to take KVDs lead and be a ambassador for the sport. The problem is that too many have the same Clownish ideas as Ike. I have met almost every pro out, and can say if they would take a humble approach like a Todd Faircloth, then maybe things would go better. I for one do not follow these guys on the water, but I have heard stories of how these Pros act on the water just as what he just stated. It goes both ways... Remember this simple statement. Without the everyday fisherman, Ike would be sitting at home working a 9 to 5. No everyday guy... No sponsor money.... To Ike, enjoy all your free stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ike is referring to the guys purposely sabotaging them while they are trying to fish. Maybe a KVD fan locates his nearest competitor on the leaderboard and goes and fishes in front of him or disturbs the area in some way. Is this legal for public waters? Yes. Does it effect the outcome of tournaments? Yes. The only solution would be to move the tournaments to private waters and that isn't going to happen.

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627714 05/26/16 02:43 PM
K
KB1953 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
crying crying crying Public lake, go to HR! roflmao

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627717 05/26/16 02:45 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
100% agree with Ike on this one!! Never thought I would say that lol. What does it "prove" to stalk a Pro and fish his spot and catch fish?? Nothing!! I would hope even an alien with no knowledge of fishing could see a bait getting used in a specific area and catch fish!! These guys have the dates published for events almost a year in advance so people know when they are coming. If it happens to be a "spot" you legitimately found "way before" the Pro showed up and you just happened to be there "before" them fishing it then "cool, ok you have a point" but to follow them around, mark the waypoint, and fish it alongside them is beyond ridiculous... Guess they have always received a participation trophy growing up and need to feel "special" even if its cheating off someone else's hard work...

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: Troutnout] #11627731 05/26/16 02:52 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Troutnout

yeah if you happened to read the post he addresses every issue you mentioned...

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627734 05/26/16 02:55 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
He sound like a big old cry baby, Ike has little mans disease. Crying like a baby

Public water just stuff you have to deal with.

I wouldn't personally fish other guys water during a event, but it's just stuff they have to deal with.

Maybe he needs to find a new profession..........

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: RedRanger] #11627759 05/26/16 03:06 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Maybe he needs to find a new profession..........

Or maybe the jackwagons pulling this [censored] need to learn how to find their own fish.

If many of the TFF tournament guys had this happen to them, and they have, they'd be on here bitching up a blue streak come Monday morning, and they do all the time. Can't have it both ways.

RR, let's say you were doing a job for a public utility. On public property. You had dug up a leaking line, repaired it and filled the hole with dirt, only to have some guy come right behind you and dig that dirt back up, would that be cool? After all, it's public property. Perhaps that's not the best analogy, but you get the point. I wouldn't ruin your hard work but somebody else with no ethics or courtesy might. Just something you'll have to deal with, right?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627774 05/26/16 03:13 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Ike doesn't question the legality of what these guys are doing. No doubt it's legal. But it's also a really shi**y thing to do to the pros trying to make a living.

“The more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.” - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627804 05/26/16 03:26 PM
N
NTX Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Ike is spot on.

I don't see how anyone can use the "But OMG it's public water!!" argument to defend locals who follow the pros around and fish the spots they found.

If you want to fun fish during the tournament, fine, but don't mess things up for the guys who are trying to pay their bills. Your special brush pile will still be there next weekend when the pros are gone.

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627806 05/26/16 03:26 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Agree with Ike, unfortunately not much that anyone can legally do. If we had people CONSTATNTLY following us and catching fish that we found and were trying to catch to pay the bills, most people on here would have broken the silence long before Ike. This isn't something that JUST started happening.

Just can't believe dem Cajuns followed them to Ray Roberts too.

Think only approach is to simply take lots of pictures and post everywhere, create memes of the guys that post and brag about the 4 lb fish they catch off of Pro's spots.

These kind of people are fishing for the wrong reasons.

Finding the fish and figuring out how to catch them is the challenge that keeps me going back. Also the reason I have a love/hate relationship with Alan Henry.

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627829 05/26/16 03:39 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
If the shoe fits wear it. If you are offended by what he said...... He is talking about you...

Re: IKE Article- "Theyre not true fans of our sport" [Re: kellisag] #11627839 05/26/16 03:43 PM
R
Ranger64 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Never thought I would agree with Ike on anything, but I absolutely do on this issue. If you want to follow and mark spots, take notes ect. to use LATER, I see no problem with that. But to fish the spots with fish the pro has found while the tournament is going on? People should use a little common sense.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide