Lake Somerville #11222424 11/13/15 08:00 PM
H
HawgWrangler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
H
Hey Fellow TFF Anglers,

Anyone have any input of Lake Somerville. I have a Saturday deer hunt scheduled for the first week in December and was thinking about hauling my boat and fishing on Friday (12/4) and Sunday (12/5) if the weather is good.

I have never been on the lake so any input and tips would be greatly appreciated. Is it pretty safe to run?

Thanks,

HawgWrangler

Turning Point & Team Challenge
www.turningpointnation.org
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"

Paralyzed Veterans of America BASS Tour
A B.A.S.S. Sanctioned Tour
www.pva.org
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: HawgWrangler] #11223121 11/14/15 05:20 AM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
I've been out there twice in the last few weeks. The water was very high the first time I went, and today it was even higher. There was virtually no boat ramp showing at Lake Somerville marina. Some of the parks are underwater. It was such a horizontal launch I had to back my truck up until all tires were in water. The lake has shoreline cover everywhere, and newly flooded trees, which are not necessarily good things. 12 bass in 2 trips, and I haven't caught anything over 1.5 lbs. Running the lake is safer than some others in the area, I didn't see a lot of submerged timber. Here are some shots of my trip today.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: Garvin] #11223135 11/14/15 06:12 AM
H
HawgWrangler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
H
Thanks for the feedback Garvin. I checked online and it said it was up about seven feet. Hopefully it will come down some in the next couple of weeks. If you don't mind I'll follow up with you closer to my trip to Somervile and see what the lake is doing.

I will probably only bring my boat down and fish if the ramp situation improves and the weather is good. I am a full time wheelchair user so if the conditions aren't right I can't load and unload my boat on my own. I was just hoping to capitalize on driving all that way.

You know what they say, no substitute for time on the water.

Thanks,
Carlos

HawgWrangler

"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"

www.pva.org
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: HawgWrangler] #11223285 11/14/15 02:29 PM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
Since you are a wheelchair user, you might also want to consider the courtesy dock at that ramp is non functional as the walkway leading to the dock looks like it's collapsed and under water. So if you're by yourself you have to beach your boat so you can get out and move your truck.
Everywhere you look out there, there is emergent vegetation due to the water being so high. So I think the bass are scattered around the lake. I really had to work to get the 5 I caught yesterday. I was also unable to develop any kind of a pattern to get bit.
The ones I caught did look fat and healthy, though, even if they weren't huge.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: Garvin] #11224464 11/15/15 07:11 AM
H
HawgWrangler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
H
Thanks for the input Garvin.

HawgWrangler

www.pva.org
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide