Thanks for your help with another title question.

My grandfather bought a jon boat from someone probably back around 1997. My grandfather received the title and a written bill of sale. I have both of these things, but how do I transfer the title into my name at this point?

Can I just complete an Affidavit of Heirship Form: (PWD 738) with my grandmother, then she can transfer the title over into my name?

My concern is, my grandfather never got the boat titled. So I do not know if the 738 along with a regular request for registration and title would work.

The final step of this would be to transferring the title to Pennsylvania, since I just moved to PA. Or would it be better to bypass all the Texas work and try to register and title directly in PA utilizing the same type of Heirship form?

Edit:
Here is another thought, per the PA boat website I may not have to title the boat. Since it is just a 1968 jon boat. It may be too old to title, and I could just go ahead and register it. Then I assume I may need to title and register the motor if I add an outboard.

"TITLING

Any boat purchased, transferred or sold, must be titled if the boat is: