Greetings Fly Fishers,

The 2017 World Championship Bass on The Fly Fishing Tournament will be held on Saturday May 6. It will be at the Lake Fork Marina at the pavilion like last year. This is exclusively for fly fishing and is a catch-photo-release tournament. There is a division for boats and one for kayaks. Entry fee is $60/person. See other details and get the entry form at www.bassonthefly.org.

I have it from a good (confidential) source that the weather will be good and the fish will be biting! There are a lot of 1-2 year old bass that are eager to crunch on poppers and streamers even though, or maybe because, they have never seen them.

Last year we had 70 participants and Im hoping for 80 this year. So bring an inexperienced friend so the prize money will be higher.

So far, I have received an Umpqua coffee mug and a Rio leader for each person. Sage said they will again donate a Bass II rod & line for the early entry drawing. Tailwaters will donate a Sage reel to go with this rod. A portion of the entry fee goes to support Reel Recovery and the Texas Council-IFFF, both are 501(c)3 organizations.

I am already receiving entries so be sure to get yours postmarked by April 16th to be eligible for the drawing for the Sage rod. I am still old fashion so you will need to print off the entry form and mail it in with a check. Remember, you will still need to check in Friday afternoon or before 6:00 am Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing you.