jcsportfishing Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 1/11/16 to 1/18/16
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Good Numbers of Marlin this Week!
Wahoo Action Decent: 3 Fish 25 to 40lbs!
Dorado Just Ok!!
Tuna Reported at the 1150 Area!!
Small Roosters Around!
Sierras from Solmar to Pump House!
Yellowtail not here Yet!
The Sweet Pacific Side for Fishing?

JC Says: Fish Report Boy is a [censored]!!
Chris Shouted: I dont Like Fish Report Boy!!
Fish Report Boy says: JC is the Willie Wanka of Mexico!!
JamieB says: Fish Report Boy is a Drunk!!
Darrel says: Id Like to Punch Fish Boy!!
The Brits says: Fish Boy, We would like to Throw some Yorkshire Pudding in his Face !!
JC,s Baja Rum Punch Cocktail !!
Baja Recipes Inside!!
JC,s Baja Grilled LobsterRecipe Inside!!

HEADLINES: January 18, 2016
Fish Report Boy Screamed: None of those fools like me, thats right, they dont like me cause im not a JC Lackey. Everyone of them think JC is some sort of God, well the guy is a lil Rat and I am here to set the record straight. Little does anyone know JC cheats when we are playing Peenuckle. JC is always boasting about how famous he is and how he has done this and done that. Well, I am here to Tell everyone JC didnt star in the movie The Incrediable Mr. Limpit as he claims. Really the only TV roles that I know for sure JC was in, was he did do an episode of The Mod Squad and JC played Jerry the Jeweler a crooked organized crime figure who was friends with Link. I think he had a small role in The Partridge Family as Danny Partridge,s boyhood friend Goofy Jerry the Bongo Player who always tried to crash Partridge Family rehearsals.
Fish Report Shouted: JC is the biggest fraud around and its my job to expose him!!!

JC, not a happy camper this past week as fishing hasnt been up to his standards. We heard through the grapevine he invited a witch doctor into his office to cast out all the evil fish demons and last report Jc was talking to himself in a tongue no one had ever heard of !!! Some old Baja Pericu Indian dialects, scary, but he is resting comfortably now!!!
JC,s LEGEND and LIES will continue next week!!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: It has been really nice with cooler nights lately. Highs in the mid 80,s to lows in the mid 50,s to low 60,s. Really perfect weather the last week and pretty normal for this time of year. Lots of sunshine in January is one of the reasons Cabo is so famous, but we will take it and arent complaining.
WATER: Cooler water temperatures probably have had something to do with this weeks hit and miss fishing as it is much cooler compared to last week. Even some ares water was around 70 degrees big difference over a week ago. It shouldnt effect Striped Marlin fishing and will definitely draw Yellowtail and more Sierras to the area.

Please check out the Tempbreak map link below to get a good idea on water temperatures.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: : Not Great but Not bad: Marlin fishing has been pretty off and on all week from the Light House to Rancho Migrino is where fish have been caught and what they are hitting is live bait and lures. All fish are being landed from 1 to 4 miles offshore on the Pacific side. I am not saying we are catching lots of Marlin what I am saying is what we have caught was caught in those areas.

DORADO: Really Dorado action just ok but steady with some boats averaging like 3 fish per trip. They have been schooled up and normally when you catch a bull you will start to land lots of Hens. The hot spots for Dorado is up and around Rancho Migrino about a miles off the beach all the way up to Golden Gate using lures, live bait and ballyhoo.

SWORDFISH: Hasn't heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: Pretty decent Wahoo action with a good friend of mine landing like 3 nice Wahoo from 25lbs to 40lbs. The fish were landed at Rancho Migrino on jet heads trolling at a higher speed at around 12 to 13 knots.

TUNA: : If you run to the 1150 area and look for some Porpoise you mite run into a school of Tuna. If you run out about 16 miles, this seems to be the area for them with reports of large schools in this area. Most of the Tuna landed are between 12lb to 20lbs. If your lucky you mite be the only boat in this area. All reports that I have heard of being blind strikes using cedar plugs, king busters and a little on live bait.

INSHORE: : The Pangas inshore is producing decent numbers of the Sierras on hootchies, from the Solmar all the way up to the Light House with some Dorado and Red Snapper action also. The Sierra action is nothing like last week though. We also had one boat this week down in the Palmilla area catch 3 nice Rooster fish so really inshore is ok. This has been a crazy year with lots of difference species that should be gone but we are still landing them.

From The Admirals Kitchen!
Grilled Lobster! Yup!
Ingredients

Lemon-Red Fresno Butter:
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon clover honey
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
3 red Fresno chiles, grilled, seeded and finely diced
Kosher salt and freshly grounded black pepper
Grilled Lobster Tails:
Kosher salt
8 jumbo Maine lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
Canola oil, for brushing
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Lemon zest, for garnish

Directions

For the lemon-red Fresno butter: Put the lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the honey. Let cool.

Add the butter and zest to the reduced lemon juice and mix until smooth. Fold in the chiles and season with salt and pepper. The butter will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.

For the grilled lobster tails: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails and boil for 4 minutes. Remove and drain well. Split each lobster tail lengthwise down the underside with a heavy knife, taking care not to cut through the back shell, so that the lobster is still in one piece but the inside is exposed.

Heat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat.

Brush the lobster flesh with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the tails flesh-side down on the grill and grill until slightly charred, about 3 minutes. Flip over, brush with a generous amount of lemon-red Fresno butter, and continue grilling until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes, brushing with butter throughout.

Remove from the grill to a platter, flesh-side up. Top with a little more butter, some cilantro leaves and lemon zest.

JC,s Baja Rum Punch Cocktail !!
1 cup Bacardi 151 rum
1/2 cup Myer's dark rum
1/4 cup Malibu coconut rum
2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
2 1/2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tbsp grenadine syrup
ice cubes

Mix all ingredients together in a blender or punch bowl. Pour over ice cubes in any type of glass.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ

Re: Cabo san Lucas Fishing Report and Baja [Re: jcsportfishing] #11356894 01/20/16 12:28 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post! Thanks for sharing. coolio

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide