texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,007
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,485
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,874
Posts13,954,600
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Good day #10814662 05/03/15 03:33 AM
C
Capt Hoop Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Had 2 days fishing for Super Strike Charters. The first day I met Rich and his wife after 7:30. We had to wait for another couple to arrive. About 8:30 we had everything together and headed out. I did not want to run far because of the late start and rough water conditions. I went to an area that I had not been to in a few weeks. I knew there were a lot of rat reds around and was hoping for some action at least and maybe some keepers. The women had little experience fishing. I pull up to the first place I take a rod, Bait it up, explain how to use it and work the edges of the rozos. I make the first cast for one of the women. My intention was to cast it and hand her the pole. I kind of did that but not the way I had planned. The cork hit the water, I gave it just 1 slight twitch, and handed her a fish. After a good fight we have our first keeper on our first cast.

Ok guys and gals that is how it is done. Her husband jinxed us by saying "This is going to be easy." Needless to say we went a very long time with nothing else. It was so bad there that I decided to leave that area completely. Once in the new area things started happening but we were struggling to get anything a keeper size. Every now and then a good one would hit the deck. The women were doing their job and one of the guys was getting upset because all he could get was undersize fish.

The girls were just relaxing and catching while the men were fishing hard. Other boats in the area were also having the same results. I decided to remain there and slowly add to our fish box.

We were finding enough good ones to keep us here for good a while.

While the women rested, snacked, talked, or whatever they decided to do I picked up a rod and casted into the mouth of this beautiful redfish. I offered them the rod but they told me to bring it in.

I had some sheepshead and was about 5 shy of my limit when things got to the point I decided to move. We went across the bay only to find small ones. Once I got back to the place that we had all our action things had changed. 3 lines out and 3 fish on. We land 2 out of 3 of them.

A few more casts and the box is full with a limit of redfish and a half dozen sheepshead. It seems when we left the second place the big fish moved in and were waiting for us when we returned. It was time to go have a fish cleaning party.

They had a nice bunch of fish for their efforts. We were back at the dock around 2:30. Fishing was quite steady throughout the day

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM

Re: Good day [Re: Capt Hoop] #10814766 05/03/15 04:37 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Solid post with solid fish. Good job. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide