Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,853
Posts13,935,636
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Fishing Off Shore Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Sailfish #12552260 12/26/17 11:36 PM
H
HDT Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
H

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak

Hale Weis and his 13-year-old son, Mark, from New York chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As the father and son team boarded the boat, young Weis asked if there would be a chance for him to catch a Sailfish. I told him that we would do our best.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. We started out trolling with two #8 plainers, one with a 3 blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a pink and blue sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonito strip. For surface baits we went with two Bonito strips and two Ballyhoos.

As we trolled the reefs ranging from 75 ft. of water out to 300 ft., we targeted some of our artificial wrecks in Fort Lauderdale. Structures are always an inviting place for bait fish to congregate and, in return, the predators would not be too far off. Mark and his dad took turns bringing in their catches, which were three Barracudas and two Bonitos.

I headed towards a specific wreck in 340 ft. of water north of Fort Lauderdale, and we put a live Goggle Eye for bait on the bottom next to the wreck. In a short period of time, the rod bent over Mark was the angler, and he fought the fish, bringing it to the side of the boat where our mate, Marc, grabbed the Amberjack for picture taking. The hook was removed and the Amberjack was released.

It was now time to try our luck for a Sailfish. We put out one kite with two live Goggle Eyes from the kite and one from the rigger with a spin on lead. As we sat waiting for his arrival, the outrigger line snapped out. Mark grabbed the rod, but nothing happened. All of a sudden, the line started peeling out hooked up as the Sailfish came immediately out of the water showing his magnificent self with leaps and bounds. After a twenty-five-minute battle, the Sailfish was brought to the side of the boat where pictures were taken and released to fight again. Congratulations, Mark, a job well done.

It was time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.

Re: Fishing Off Shore Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Sailfish [Re: HDT] #12552549 12/27/17 04:55 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post and congratulations on the sail catch! Good job. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide