Print Thread
Out-fished a banana #11178853 10/22/15 03:08 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Had another great morning while the last weak front was passing through.

Mud and shell in 3-5 feet of water. Great topwater bite early, making long cast with my Lew's BB1 Pro. Plastics working great after it gets bright. The fish are spread all over right now, there are still a few left on the deep reefs if you hunt hard for them looking for the right sign and working it correctly, there are fish on shallow shoreline reefs in the right places, and dropoffs, secondary bay reefs, and mixed shell and mud.

Spread out in Fall Transition...that's what is making it harder for most people... they are spread out all over and NOT concentrated... that doesn't mean that you only catch one here or there though, when you find them, it's on. I've been keying on slicks and bait, and if I work a set a of birds I'm looking to see if it's over a reef and they are popping a slick or 2. Have to be willing to move fast if your play doesn't pan out, staying to see if they 'turn on' is wasting time. Trying a bunch of different colors to see if they turn on is wasting time. Stick with what you have confidence in color / lure wise and if you put yourself in the sign then you'll get bit. It's all about finding the fish first though.

I've been using plum / char and black / char plastics on 1/8th oz. Pumpkinseed / char is also good... Those are tried and true colors, and bone / char or pearl / Char, Chicken on a Chain etc in clearer water conditions is also good. In shallower (3') shell I've also been using a mansfield mauler ( I like Capt Sid Walsh's of Walsh's guide and tackle... he's a guide that makes tackle and he's a small business making a good product and I don't get anything from that. I just like them better than others. But use what you like or have confidence in. I even beat a banana that was on the boat...
#just a myth.

Speaking of confidence, if you haven't already gotten your rig into the shop to check it for winter fishing, now is a great time to do so. I also tend to take my rig in during the fall so it won't hinder me during the best early winter - spring bite... I've been using SunCoast Marine in LaMarque an their work gives me a lot of confidence that things will work right on the water and during the winter that can be serious... that's why I use them.

If you're results are inconsistent it's because the lure is not being casted into fish / schools of fish. And they arn't just everywhere, so spending time where they are not has to be weeded out or even better, eliminated, pretty darn quick. That is what our vids cover, don't take my word for them, plenty of testimonials on the internet and other boards.. some on here as well.

All in all, over 2 separate days ended up with 21 trout between 16 - 24, and a couple upper slot reds mixed in each day. The fish were all released... the banana WAS harmed and I will continue to do so...LOL.

tobin@troutsupport.com
http://www.troutsupport.com

Last edited by TroutSupport.com; 10/22/15 03:14 PM.

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: Out-fished a banana [Re: TroutSupport.com] #11188935 10/27/15 12:31 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice post! Thanks for sharing. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Out-fished a banana [Re: TroutSupport.com] #11191562 10/28/15 04:12 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
anytime!!!
t

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: Out-fished a banana [Re: TroutSupport.com] #11199044 11/01/15 02:45 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread