Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Really? #10889124 06/02/15 04:04 AM
M
Mr. Skeeter Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
I thought this site was for other fisherman to help eachother and show good sportsmanship, guess not. People ask questions and hardly people answer or they give you short answers. Some people need help on lakes they've never been to because they want to be save and make sure it's ok to run and some are asking what to use cause they are trying to learn more. If other "fisherman" would help out others it would be nice, but I guess they just don't want to give anyone else info on safety and fishing tips. Good luck to those fellas

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889149 06/02/15 04:22 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
There's only like 20,000 questions asked a day here. Some times people can help and sometimes they can't.

Out of curiosity, how many people have you helped here?

Last edited by grout-scout; 06/02/15 04:23 AM.
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889167 06/02/15 04:37 AM
F
formula462 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
You haven't been on long, post wise anyway so give it a chance like he said thousands of questions asked every day. I have gotten more help from this site than I was expecting and help as much I can.

Re: Really? [Re: formula462] #10889485 06/02/15 01:34 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I have seen many folks help others out on here, are you needing some help on a particular lake ?

[Linked Image]
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889830 06/02/15 03:40 PM
R
Randy Barfknecht Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I'm with Mr. Skeeter on this one. I've seen some questions go days with no response, and I'm thinking, why hasn't anyone replied. But, there are however many things asked daily, but I also think there are more members than questions being asked. Let's help out our fellow anglers/boaters.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889837 06/02/15 03:43 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Mr. Skeeter
I thought this site was for other fisherman to help eachother and show good sportsmanship, guess not. People ask questions and hardly people answer or they give you short answers. Some people need help on lakes they've never been to because they want to be save and make sure it's ok to run and some are asking what to use cause they are trying to learn more. If other "fisherman" would help out others it would be nice, but I guess they just don't want to give anyone else info on safety and fishing tips. Good luck to those fellas

I am sure you have been looking and listening much longer than you have been posting; most new poster have. We have to keep working at it to help others. I am one of the guilty ones for making my posts too long and trying to be very descriptive with no concepts or techniques over looked. Sometimes it may look like a person is not getting much help but the PM's may be coming in because they do not want everyone to get in on the information. As we all know that is their privilege. So when you post a question be as specific as possible as well as your reasons for wanting to know the information. This will help the hard core tournament fisherman understand what you are going to do with the information. The more people understand the circumstances the more they will help.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889849 06/02/15 03:51 PM
F
FMJshooter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
A lot of the questions you see unanswered where likely asked 1000 times before and people get tired of repeating themselves same as any other forum.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889952 06/02/15 04:35 PM
J
J-Moe Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J

Stick with it, this site has been an incredible help for me over the last year. There are a number of reasons questions may not be answered, including those already mentioned. A lot of people read but never post. It may be that the question needs to be posed in a different forum as well. For instance, If I wanted to know what was going on in the Hill Country I would post in the Bluegill section. If I wanted to know what was going on in Dallas I would probably post in the Bass Section.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10889991 06/02/15 04:50 PM
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru

If your not getting a favorable response for information when you post, try using the search feature in the tool bar at the top of the page. Its a great tool that can help you find info quickly. Through this forum I have met some of the best people I've known in my life and learned more than I could have imagined. On the other hand I have given very detailed information on a spot and technique and watched the area that nobody else fished prior get hammered by 10+ boats a day for the next 3 months. You'd be surprised at how many hundreds of people look at this site and never post. I would suggest sending a PM to some of those folks that gave short answers, you tend to get way more detailed information when everyone in the world doesnt have the ability to see it. thumb If there is anything I can do for ya shoot me a PM.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10890276 06/02/15 06:25 PM
D
Duckcreek Davy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
I've been a member since 2003, and can tell you it is hard to beat this site for fishing info. It ain't perfect. Nothing is. You will be hard pressed of course to get any kind of honey-hole specifics here...sometimes will in a private message. But yeah, every now and then I see a question go unanswered.

For instance, here is a good one. How come Nobody seems to fish Pat Mayse Lake up in Lamar county. It is a pretty lake with lots of big bluegill bedded up in the shallows. Used to fish it some, but I never caught diddly squat out of her. It was very frustrating. Finally I gave up. And judging on the post here discussing this lake everyone else has too. I've asked about this several times in the past with virtually no response. It's like maybe the children of the corn live there?

Dave Morris

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson,
Re: Really? [Re: grout-scout] #10890317 06/02/15 06:39 PM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
There's only like 20,000 questions asked a day here. Some times people can help and sometimes they can't.

Hey, I need help with my lowrance unit crazy

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10890347 06/02/15 06:52 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Really? A Review of your 13 posts shows me that 12 are questions. Questions like "does anyone know what the boat ramps look like in N TX with all this ice",

"what's the water color like at Ray Hubbard" or what's the water color like at Ray Roberts" or "what are the fish doing at Welsh, I've never been there and have a tournament this weekend".

Water color questions are easily determined without making a post to ask. And you're going to get very little help when you pose a question like the welsh tournament one. Try being more specific and ask questions that are pertinent, not easily answered by one member. And definitely don't ask broad questions like the one on the boat ramps in N. TX. Which boat ramps? What part of N. TX?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Really? [Re: Duckcreek Davy] #10896075 06/04/15 11:26 PM
F
FishFace.007 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Don't give up on Pat Mayse. I've only fished it once, so it could certainly have been beginners luck, but we wrecked em in a cove just past the dam. Headed all the way in and found a nasty patch of brush and weeds big enough to fish for 8 hours. I caught several and 2 4+#s. My buddy caught a 6.8 which would have been 8+ if he'd have caught her in front of the spawn.

PS the fish want you to give up. they hate getting jabbed in the mouth with sharp hooks. who can blame them.

Good Luck!

you have 2 ears and 1 mouth, use them in that proportion - my granddad
#fishhard #fishoften #fishon - me

Instagram - fishface.007
Re: Really? [Re: FishFace.007] #10896565 06/05/15 03:05 AM
D
Duckcreek Davy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Fishface007
Don't give up on Pat Mayse. I've only fished it once, so it could certainly have been beginners luck, but we wrecked em in a cove just past the dam. Headed all the way in and found a nasty patch of brush and weeds big enough to fish for 8 hours. I caught several and 2 4+#s. My buddy caught a 6.8 which would have been 8+ if he'd have caught her in front of the spawn.

PS the fish want you to give up. they hate getting jabbed in the mouth with sharp hooks. who can blame them.

Good Luck!

Well thanks a heap Fishface. Finally got an answer to my question. thumb But now doesn't it seem odd that nobody hardly ever post anything about Pat Mayse? Maybe I'm missing something here...maybe it actually is super secret, lake XXX......The new Fork or something and lips are sealed. I'll have to give her a try again some time soon. laugh

Dave Morris

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson,
Re: Really? [Re: JavelinJ] #10896652 06/05/15 03:38 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: txfour
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Hey, I need help with my lowrance unit crazy

Posted on your other thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide