Page 1 of 2 1 2
Capt Peacock Brazil #12538671 12/14/17 10:47 PM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
My group of 4 just got back from a 9 day trip with this outfit and I wanted to share our experience here as many of the other group members were from Texas. I was hoping for a once in a lifetime experience for my family but unfortunately, it was not the case. What is advertised and priced as a luxury trip, was sorely lacking in almost everyway. 3-4 days prior to our departure (trip was booked in March 2017), we were notified that the new boat that the website has been advertising for a year or more was not going to be available due to recent mechanical difficulties. Upon our arrival, we were informed it was awaiting permitting and had not even been in use. We were offered an option to reschedule our trip (not possible as all dates were full) or take this trip and get a voucher (never received) for a discount on a future trip. We were also informed that we would receive an upgraded hotel stay on our first and last days in Manaus which turned out to be the same hotel listed in the original documents we received months prior to our departure. A part of the trip also included chartered flights (1 hr) to and from Manaus to Barcelos which was changed on the last day and we were forced to ride the boat for the 300 mile (24 hr) trip back to Manaus and eliminated our last day hotel stay. There was no TV, wifi, pool, gym or other activities (paddleboards, bow fishing, nighttime catfishing etc) that were advertised on their website or in the brochures. There were several other lesser issues that really diminished the experience but the crew did an admirable job with what they were given to deal with. I would certainly not recommend this company for a Peacock bass trip. There are much better options out there for a lot less money.

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538711 12/14/17 11:33 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I would be demanding a portion of refund. Sorry to hear but thanks for sharing the company name.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538774 12/15/17 12:44 AM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
How was the fishing?

www.RockieMartin.com -I can help with your Mortgage needs for Purchasing a home or Refinancing.
Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538778 12/15/17 12:49 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
But did you catch any peacocks? You brought your family?

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: Okie Poke] #12538818 12/15/17 01:31 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I would be demanding a portion of refund. Sorry to hear but thanks for sharing the company name.
no [censored].

Sorry to hear it! These "lifetime trips" should be exactly that.....and they are expensive.

I've been on one fly in fishing trip ....Monroe Lake in northern Canada. It was exceptional in every respect. Lodging, food, hosts, and the guide were better than I ever could have expected. We had boats to choose from and they were gassed and warmed up every morning while we ate gourmet breakfast. They would make up really nice sack lunches to take with us, or we could return to the lodge for lunch. Dinner was always a great 5 course experience. The hosts would also have a fish fry on the beach every day if we wanted to keep a fish for them to cook. The number of guests was limited to 6-7 total for the entire trip. The pilot for the fly in even let me fly the plane for a couple hours. Lol. Very cool.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538834 12/15/17 01:46 AM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Yes it was a family trip. My father died earlier this year and my brothers and I planned a special trip to celebrate his love of fishing. I chose this particular trip as my wife was also going and it was hyped as a "5*" experience and had was supposed to have other activities besides fishing for non anglers. The fishing was ok some days and poor others. Just as a point of reference, my fitbit registered every rip of my woodchopper or jerk bait as a step and at the end of the 6+ days of fishing, I had 130,000+ steps! I fished 11-12 hrs each day and averaged around 25 peacocks /day with only 5 10lbs or over (10, 11,13,13,16) for the week. Most of the fish we caught were 1-4lbs. One of my brothers has been twice before and said it was by far the worse he has seen it for numbers and size.

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12538838 12/15/17 01:48 AM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Got to fly the plane and great fishing! Can't beat that.

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538842 12/15/17 01:50 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Horrible.

Sad to hear man.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538850 12/15/17 01:56 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: azbass

The fishing was INSANE. After the first day, I started feeling sorry for the guide. The water was glacier water clear. I could see these pike and trout coming for my lure. If they were smaller, I'd actually try to keep it away from them, to save the guides hands. Lol.

I caught about 600 pike ....honest. I had three pike that were over 52" and one lake trout that was over 30", and one Greyling ( don't ask...step brothers idea). I received 5 Canadian Master Angler awards in one week of fishing.

....USING RED EYE 2TAPS! They said I was nuts for using them. The lodge emailed me a few months later and said "The crazy Texans lures are selling like hotcakes, eh!" They started having them available at the lodge. They sell them for $20'each due to the costs of shipping. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12538960 12/15/17 03:49 AM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: azbass

The fishing was INSANE. After the first day, I started feeling sorry for the guide. The water was glacier water clear. I could see these pike and trout coming for my lure. If they were smaller, I'd actually try to keep it away from them, to save the guides hands. Lol.

I caught about 600 pike ....honest. I had three pike that were over 52" and one lake trout that was over 30", and one Greyling ( don't ask...step brothers idea). I received 5 Canadian Master Angler awards in one week of fishing.

Sounds like you had an awesome trip.
....USING RED EYE 2TAPS! They said I was nuts for using them. The lodge emailed me a few months later and said "The crazy Texans lures are selling like hotcakes, eh!" They started having them available at the lodge. They sell them for $20'each due to the costs of shipping. Lol.

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12538964 12/15/17 03:50 AM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Sounds like an awesome trip. 600 pike is amazing

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12539155 12/15/17 02:10 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
thanks for sharing your experience with us....got some good advice years ago before I started going out of the country on hunting/fishing trips and that was to use Trek safaris wherever possible because they would not tolerate an outfitter who didn't provide a first class experience......the other advice I got was to never,ever let cost be the deciding factor in a hunting/fishing trip overseas...
the rationale is that you are gonna pay a lot of money just to get there and you want it to be a memorable experience...plus you typically have no recourse toward getting a refund in a foreign country...

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: beartrap] #12539318 12/15/17 04:25 PM
A
azbass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: beartrap
thanks for sharing your experience with us....got some good advice years ago before I started going out of the country on hunting/fishing trips and that was to use Trek safaris wherever possible because they would not tolerate an outfitter who didn't provide a first class experience......the other advice I got was to never,ever let cost be the deciding factor in a hunting/fishing trip overseas...
the rationale is that you are gonna pay a lot of money just to get there and you want it to be a memorable experience...plus you typically have no recourse toward getting a refund in a foreign country...

I agree completely. This trip was about 50% more than the trip through Trek Safaris which I believe uses the River Plate group. Capt Peacock was supposed to be the best (and probably was at one time) but I should have went with one of the less expensive outfits because the fishing would have been better and the accomodations and services would have been at least as good.

Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12539633 12/15/17 09:05 PM
N
NoWeighers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
I went with Ron Speed Jr. last year. They have been doing it for a long time..

Sorry to hear about you getting less than what you paid for. I have heard of a lot less fish caught than on your trip.. No matter the outfitter. Water levels are everything..

Here's a recap of our trip.

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/Brazil.htm

James Bendele
Falcon Lake Tackle
"On the eighth day, Man invented the Fish Hook."
Re: Capt Peacock Brazil [Re: azbass] #12539873 12/16/17 01:17 AM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
James that was the best account of a fishing trip that I have ever read. Thanks for sharing a wonderful adventure.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide