Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,300
Posts13,962,498
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
All Texas Sportsmen Need to vote YES on Prop 6 on Tuesday #11200863 11/02/15 05:22 AM
B
Billy Jack Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Prop 6 guarantees our future right to hunt and fish in Texas. Please go vote YES

www.ammoland.com/2015/10/6-reasons-for-t.../#axzz3qJ9LJcjW

1988 15ft Monark, Mercury 25hp 4 stroke......old man’s fish’n boat.
Jack Bains
Re: All Texas Sportsmen Need to vote YES on Prop 6 on Tuesday [Re: Billy Jack] #11201105 11/02/15 02:07 PM
F
Fishbreeder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
OK, I done studied up an' got maybe one problem with this proposition.

As a person who not only hunts and fishes for a living, as well as farms fish and traditional farm animals, I do in fact question the last part of that proposition that has to do with "subject to....."

Now who is decidin' what we are or are not gonna be subject to and by what means?

Lets just say for a moment that TPWD is not god and mother nature tied together advancing the state for the betterment of all its citizenry and mankind. If that may be the case, then is it them what's makin' the rules?

Just who does the decidin' down to TPWD ennyhow? They gots what they call a "Commission" made up of commissioners who does the sayin' so based pretty much on whatever agenda what they call "staff" has in mind. Some of which may be based on good science. Some of which.

And then what are them commissioners anyways? Some super smart folks with good educations and backgrounds in natural resource management and preservation?

Well, not really. Mostly wealthy lawyers, doctors, sports celebrities, and business folks what got there by givin' a lotta money $$$$$$+ to get the gubberner elected and gets "appointments" in return for givin' all that cash money.

Here's a list, all appointed by the last croo...er, um, uh, politician occupying the governor's mansion:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/about/tpw-commissioners

Fine folks all, I'm sure. But far as I can tell all of 'em ain't got a lick of classic education with respect to natural resources 'tween 'em.

So, I'ma votin' "YES" on Prop 6, but we got a lot of thinkin' to do about that "Subject to..." part of that proposition.

For one, I'd like to see the new governor appoint somebody with some education and actual work experience in some aspect of natural resource management to that commission.

Vote "YES" on Prop. 6! I am.

Brett Rowley
Fisheries Biologist
Brett's Fish Farm/The Good Luck Fishing and Hunting Club

Last edited by Fishbreeder; 11/02/15 02:12 PM. Reason: added my name to post
Re: All Texas Sportsmen Need to vote YES on Prop 6 on Tuesday [Re: Billy Jack] #11201960 11/02/15 09:04 PM
1776RebelJohn Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
What a vague article with no sources. Sounds real good though. The only problem is that hunting and fishing are not a Constitutional Right, seeing that over 90% of Texas is privatey owned. Eventually someone else will claim a "Right" to hunt/fish on another's property. If Prop 6 only concerns State and Federal land, then by all means proceed.

I do agree with the above post that gov Commissions, TPWD included, do not typically hold citizen's intrest as a priority but rather special $$$ interests.

Music/homebrew/hunt/fish/camp/hike/1776~1845
Re: All Texas Sportsmen Need to vote YES on Prop 6 on Tuesday [Re: 1776RebelJohn] #11203694 11/03/15 09:00 PM
F
Fishbreeder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
All one needs do to see the future is to look at my hobby (I work in fishing and hunting) which is prospecting for gold. Basically that is all but illegal in California, Oregon, Washington, and on much federal land once open to prospectors.

The "Claims book" for the hobby group, GPAA used to need two volumes, now its one thin one. All the claims were taken back by the feds and states and severe restrictions placed on the hobby across the board. Now they've got a lobby, but almost too little too late for American gold prospector hobbyists.

Yep, not much other than private land to hunt on, but that matters not to those that would stop all hunting and fishing (Eg. PETA who made a statement against Prop 6.

If you want to keep hunting and fishing in Texas, public or private land, best vote "Yes."

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide