Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9811987 03/10/14 09:00 PM
D
Drawout Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
If you want yo keep it cheap just buy any color exterior paint and order some rubber chips from eBay and mix them into the paint and apply to floor. Same as Cabelas tuff coat at 25 % cost.

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812152 03/10/14 10:10 PM
O
OPTIMUS PRIME Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Originally Posted By: Justin B
Im thinking of ripping out the carpet on the toon and doing something different with it. Yall have any suggestions? Easy cleaining? Less slippery? Thanks

Hey Justin, is the carpet bad bud?

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: OPTIMUS PRIME] #9812169 03/10/14 10:16 PM
Justin B Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Robalo Rick
Originally Posted By: Justin B
Im thinking of ripping out the carpet on the toon and doing something different with it. Yall have any suggestions? Easy cleaining? Less slippery? Thanks

Hey Justin, is the carpet bad bud?

no not reallyI would like something easier to clean. And just to have a different look then what I am used to

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

https://youtube.com/channel/UCqA--bCRG3lY9CLA-YcvJvQ

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812174 03/10/14 10:18 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
it's not the best either though

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812220 03/10/14 10:34 PM
O
OPTIMUS PRIME Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Cool bud. Okay 1 more question, have you ever removed and replaced carpet on a pontoon boat?

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812221 03/10/14 10:34 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
No but ive done a couple bass boats

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: OPTIMUS PRIME] #9812298 03/10/14 11:13 PM
D
DEERSTRANGLER� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Cool bud. Okay 1 more question, have you ever removed and replaced carpet on a pontoon boat?

Neighbor did it a few years back. Looked easy enough.

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Drawout] #9812338 03/10/14 11:32 PM
O
opus Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted By: Drawout
If you want yo keep it cheap just buy any color exterior paint and order some rubber chips from eBay and mix them into the paint and apply to floor. Same as Cabelas tuff coat at 25 % cost.
Got a link, dumb--- me cant find

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: DEERSTRANGLER�] #9812442 03/11/14 12:09 AM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Neighbor did it a few years back. Looked easy enough.

thats what i was thinkin it has to be better yhan pulling compartment lids

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812506 03/11/14 12:33 AM
C
CatBoss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I used Line X Body Armor on one of my boats this winter
So far its pretty trick looks great,cleans easy comes in all colors(I chose white)

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9812964 03/11/14 02:33 AM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Catboss who carries it? Does it comes in like a gallon can/jug

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9813069 03/11/14 03:02 AM
O
OPTIMUS PRIME Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
There is two ways to do things. The right way and the wrong way. With that being said, here we go.

Alright Justin... I did my 24 footer last year rght before I sold it because it needed to be done and I had never done one. I had heard some people say it's easy and some say it's hard. I had also seen several finished products on other people's pontoon boat's in which they had done themselves. Some we're awesome and some we're terrible. Some never even got their boats put back together again, but no big deal right? I had decided I'm gonna do this and that's it so I did. grin After all of my research was final and I figured out what carpet I wanted to go with and so forth, I told the wife "ok babe, I'm gonna order all the goodies and when I get em I'm gonna need a couple of weeks to complete it with minimal interruptions alright?" " Are you sure it will only take you two weeks because we have this and that and this and that and this and that going on " she replied. " Yes babe, I got this!" LOL! Anyways, I oredered all of my goodies, dug into that son of a buck and finished it without any hickeys from front to back but heres the deal... expect all of the unexpected's before you start alright? That away when you dig in and find some of those dillies, you won't be so frustrated when your confronted with em. Here's what I found when I did mine.

1.) Rotten furniture bottoms that needed to be rebuilt and replaced
2.) A bunch of Electrical wires and connections that needed to be redone and replaced
3.) Rusted and busted harware that needed to be replaced and most of it was a pain in the crack to get out and off
4.) Several rotten soft spots in the plywood floor that were in all the wrong places
5.) Piles of old adhesive left on the plywood that is a you know what to get off and in most cases must come off because the new
adhesives won't stick and agree with the old
&6.)A ton of other little things that a MAD PERFECTIONIST like myself just can't deal with and accept.

That simple and affordable carpet replacement job cost me 1,000.00 dollars more than expected, I ended up putting a whole new marine grade plywood floor on it, it took me a month and a half longer than I expected, and I literally thought the wife was gonna pull her hair out before I could get it done. She was on my arse like a fly on **** and she was really pissen me off man. Hahaha! But anyways I love my wife to death and we survived. The boat came out awesome and I loved it if I must say so myself.

Now, since you say that carpet isn't that bad and you think you'll end up having the boat fishing ready in 2 weeks. And... since I have done one and completed it right from the start to finish, I can honestly say that I don't think you're ready to do this because you started this thread off with " I think " instead of " I am " so this i what I would do. Just my opinion though bud. smile

I would rig that baby up with all the goods ( Trollin motor, batteries, baterry chargers, lights, rod holders, fish finder, anchors etc...) and I would fish out of it like a hound dog for a year or two. I would then get everything arranged just how I like it and cover that sucker from top to bottom with MONSTER BLUE CATFISH SLIME, and then and only then, after everything is situated just right, figure out what to do with that carpet. grin

Anyways, have fun and good luck. Ready to see what you decide to do.

Oh, and if you do decide to do it, don't rush it, make sure you have somebody that can help you when it's needed (which you will) and make sure you have good adequate space to store all of your goodies when you pull em off. If thats what you do.

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9813099 03/11/14 03:10 AM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Thanks Rick for the advice. I sure hope you didn't type all that on your cellphone. Lol. Im still kicking around ideas. Thanks for all the input fellas

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: Justin B] #9813170 03/11/14 03:36 AM
O
OPTIMUS PRIME Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
LOL! No prob.

Re: Alternative to carpet? [Re: opus] #9813188 03/11/14 03:42 AM
D
Drawout Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: opus
Originally Posted By: Drawout
Got a link, dumb--- me cant find

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Rubber-Cru...r#ht_160wt_1362

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide